By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - WiiWare involvement for Super Smash Bros. Brawl

And then they will probably charge for the extra stuff?

-.-

Around the Network

I very much doubt they will have downloadable characters... if my doubt is unfounded and it is in fact a likely thing then I still hope they do not (unless they are free in which case hell yeah to everything)

I bet the stuff would be free, or at most, $5.

I don't see a reason to complain...but again, I doubt this is true.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Oyvoyvoyv said:
This might actually be bad news. Not directly for SSBB, but remember Battlefield (I think that's it) in the beginning they released good games, then they went downwards and purely used downloadable for getting as much money as possible. Hopefully Iwata is smart enough to prevent that, but it might be the case for 3rd party.

I want added SSE story over characters, and that should be do-able (at least more so than char's)

And this kind of stuff what people complain about Wii online lacking. You see, if milking is possible with WiiWare, it definately is doable with Live and PSN. So if this would be a bad thing, it's not any worse than what competition has.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Woot another reason to buy brawl not that we need another one :)

Around the Network

BDB, what does it help that it is not as bad as for competition? If you earn 10 dollars an hour, is that good, because some other guys earn 8?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Even if this is was true(doubt it) we probably wouldn't be able to download characters cause it would take so much for everything like the characters inclusion in SSE and so on.

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

OMG - i sooo hope this is true

I doubt this will happen.

The problem stems from the fact that online play in SSBB hinges on everyone having the same game.

What happens when you download a new character then try to take them online against others who haven't bought that new character? The other person would need to download the files first in order to see the character on screen, and that would generate yet another pile of headaches.

It could be done for levels that use the level editor, but I don't think that's new news... 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Not sure why everyone likes this idea...

This idea would sound cool to me in a year or more, when Brawl has been played through and through...something newly announced then would be amazing. Hearing about DLC now? The game isn't even out in the US yet...if they're withholding stages from me right after the game's launch, I'd feel jipped.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )