By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Believe it or not Dinosaurs co-existed with Man

Peer reviewed scientific or anthropology journal article references or it didn't happen.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Dinosaurs have been extinct over 65 million years ago.
Human beings have only existed between 1 to 2 million years.

It is impossible for humans and dinosaurs to co-exist based on indisputable scientifically proven facts. I have not heard about the Time Machine that sends humans back in time over 65 million years ago when dinosaurs once roamed the world.

Anyway the theory presented in the OP sounds like a good video game plot (Turok series) or Jurassic Park that involved using DNA to bring back the dinosaurs. Religious people dismissing all the evidence  that dinosaurs became extinct over 65 million years and there was a 60+ million gap between dinosaurs and human beings are ignorant, uneducated and just wrong. 

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

All praise Mithra.... The Jesus, before Jesus

I am a spiritual (NOT Christian, NOT religious) person, so I certain hold some mystic/esoteric style views, and am far from a "Super-Science" hardline atheist type. However, is the OP also one of those "The Earth is only 6-8000 years old" folks? Because even if you're not totally on board with scientific dating estimates of billions of years, it is STILL absurd to think that the earth has only existed for just a few thousand.

And while the possibility certainly exists that prehistoric and even fantastical sorts of creatures existed side by side in the ancient past.....no, "Dinosaurs" as we conventionally think about them, did not. So....nice try, but no cigar.

Around the Network

http://youtu.be/22bo6CKJcJM

Science is wrong................sometimes

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The OP mentions scientists, ie Dr David Menton. No coincidence then that he is on the Answers in Genesis reference list and creation.com.

I'm sorry, for me recent creationists are burying their head in the sand under the self believe that a 6k old earth is absolutely and totally required for their staunch belief in a literal spontaneous creation of all matter into it's final form, spanned over 6 literal earth measured days. Ridiculous.

Any use of the word "evolution" is seen as anti-god because in their view it undermines their idea of the authority of the Bible.

I'll just say this - Genesis has little to do about HOW God made the creation. It's more about the establishment of cornerstone Judea/Christian doctrines. It's got stuff all to do with how old the earth is and dinosaurs.

I got the vibe from that "scientist" with the crazy hairdo from the history channel.

Religious types... they always think that the explanation for something they dont understand is the simplest possible.

Have you pondered that the problem might be the way we thought the cells degenarated. Smell alone is not a cientific basis to draw any conclusions from aswell. It needs to be analysed into its chemical components. What a load of mumbo jumbo...

Yes it all makes sense now. Dinosaurs were wiped out by Turok hunting them all. Quick question. If man existed with dinosaurs these huge gigantic beasts, why is there no mention of them in the bible? How could Noah have missed them? Or did he just not have a big enough boat?

RedInker said:
Yes it all makes sense now. Dinosaurs were wiped out by Turok hunting them all. Quick question. If man existed with dinosaurs these huge gigantic beasts, why is there no mention of them in the bible? How could Noah have missed them? Or did he just not have a big enough boat?

I will pre-empt this because the recent creationists will say, oh but the Bible does mention dinosaurs in Job 40:15:24, called a Behemoth. I call it creative interpretation pre-suppositioned by my earlier comment, but then again when your head is in the sand, there's not much else you can see.