By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Believe it or not Dinosaurs co-existed with Man

justinian said:
HeavenlyWarrior said:
15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. {behemoth: probably an extinct animal of some kind}

16Lo now, his strength {is} in his loins, and his force {is} in the navel of his belly.

17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. {He...: or, He setteth up}

18His bones {are as} strong pieces of brass; his bones {are} like bars of iron.

19He {is} the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach {unto him}.

20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22The shady trees cover him {with} their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23Behold, he drinketh up a river, {and} hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. {he drinketh up: Heb. he oppresseth}

24He taketh it with his eyes: {his} nose pierceth through snares. {He...: or, Will any take him in his sight, or, bore his nose with a gin?}

Is that from the bible? Or some other religious text.

The bible is a great book and I say that as a non-believer. I find it hard to understand why some athiest treat it with such disgust.

The stories are awesome.

Yes, it's from the biblie

Jó Chapter 40

Around the Network
justinian said:
nuckles87 said:
He meant radiometric dating.

Again it's been a while since I studied this stuff but don't that just deal with aging rocks etc.?

I don't see what that has to do with the OP's argument when he is talking about dating living biological ( or now dead ) organisms.

Maybe there is a connection but I don't see it. Help.

That has everything to do with his argument: fossils ARE rocks. Specifically, they are mineralized bone. All ancient remains are mineralized, meaning we can use the technique to determine the age. 

justinian said:
HeavenlyWarrior said:
15Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. {behemoth: probably an extinct animal of some kind}

16Lo now, his strength {is} in his loins, and his force {is} in the navel of his belly.

17He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. {He...: or, He setteth up}

18His bones {are as} strong pieces of brass; his bones {are} like bars of iron.

19He {is} the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach {unto him}.

20Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22The shady trees cover him {with} their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23Behold, he drinketh up a river, {and} hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. {he drinketh up: Heb. he oppresseth}

24He taketh it with his eyes: {his} nose pierceth through snares. {He...: or, Will any take him in his sight, or, bore his nose with a gin?}

The bible is a great book and I say that as a non-believer. I find it hard to understand why some athiest treat it with such disgust.

The stories are awesome.

They treat it with disgust because a lot of people (such as the person you quoted and the OP) treat it as scientific and historical fact rather then as a spiritual guide. They use it as a way to deny science and be willfully ignorant of the world around them and its history. That being said, that's unfair to the Bible and Christianity, and atheists can be incredibly arrogant in their own right. That's why I personally subscribe to agnosticism these days.

justinian said:

The stories are awesome.

Lack of knowledge regarding the historical context, translations, religious metaphores and semantics as well as overall point, history and priorty of Christianity would be my guess.

Of course, fundamentalists like OP who hate and deny clear scientific progress and evidence and believe science contradicts God aren't helping either

All you people arguing with Oosnap are wrong and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Here's undisputed proof that he's been right all along:

Y'all mad that you can't walk the dinosaur that's all!!!!!1111!!!.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Scoobes said:
JEMC said:
Zappykins said:
JEMC said:

Cats killed them, obviously.

Ah! So is this why the accient Egyptians worshiped cats?

Because they freed us from our dino overlords?

No, unfortunately cats turned the egyptians into their slaves, worshipping and taking care of all their needs.

Thankfully, the resistance was smart and after centuries of hard research, they created the only weapon against them: dogs.

That's why a dog is a man's best friend.

Ahh, but now they have invaded the internet. What will the resistance do now?!

The first reaction was to surrender

But some did some research and ended with

But I don't know if the solution will be worse than the problem...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I guess he couldn't answer my questions. Can't say I'm surprised.

Well it is true, my grandparents still have pictures from when they were walking at the earth.

Good times