By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

Negative Xbone news from NeoGAF... here let me deposit the required grain of salt needed to take said news with.

Ok done.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

manny10032 said:

That Tweet does not give me assuarance that it's 1080p

This tweet pretty much confirmed to me it is not 1080p... now 900p or 720p? I'm sure if it was 1080p his tweet should be tottaly different.

That tweet just adds to the fire. Bad idea for Albert to say that IMO.

nightsurge said:
Albert Penello is tweeting. So far says it looks f'n amazing on Xbox One. Hasn't confirmed a res yet.

He doesn't confirm a resolution so don't debunk the rumor right away. It also depends what he thinks is fucking good, I think the last of us looks fucking good yet it runs at 720p, so ghost might be running at 720p who knows.

well it looks like its not going to be 1080 from that tweet i wonder if the future CODs will be 1080 maybe this is just a isolated issue b/c of the time crunch?

Play Me

ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
I think this June article kills any doubt.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-11-call-of-duty-ghosts-runs-at-1080p-and-60fps-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

Yeah like killed with Killer Instinct and Ryse. A lot of things changed from June to now.

And for the other guy.

1-  Killer Instinct is being made by a small studios with record of shity games and ports.

2- Nobody from Crytek said at E3 the game was native 1080p. The game was so beautifull that many assumed it was 1080, even a Microsoft guy on Tweeter.

3- Read the article, the executeve producer fom IW said the game would be 1080p. 

4- 1080p to 900p (Ryse´s case) is a 20-30% pixel count off, 720p to 1080p is 100% increase.

Around the Network

Dark_Feanor said:

And for the other guy.

1-  Killer Instinct is being made by a small studios with record of shity games and ports.

2- Nobody from Crytek said at E3 the game was native 1080p. The game was so beautifull that many assumed it was 1080, even a Microsoft guy on Tweeter.

3- Read the article, the executeve producer fom IW said the game would be 1080p.

4- 1080p to 900p (Ryse´s case) is a 20-30% pixel count off, 720p to 1080p is 100% increase.

Yeah... true... believe.

ethomaz said:

manny10032 said:

That Tweet does not give me assuarance that it's 1080p

This tweet pretty much confirmed to me it is not 1080p... now 900p or 720p? I'm sure if it was 1080p his tweet should be tottaly different.

Yeah those briliant minds aren't very smart at times. It seemed like an obvious, "I hear the internet crying but you shouldn't care because it still looks just as amazing as MW3" kind of thing.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Logico15 said:
nightsurge said:
Albert Penello is tweeting. So far says it looks f'n amazing on Xbox One. Hasn't confirmed a res yet.

He doesn't confirm a resolution so don't debunk the rumor right away. It also depends what he thinks is fucking good, I think the last of us looks fucking good yet it runs at 720p, so ghost might be running at 720p who knows.

How and why Alberto would know the native resolution of a given game in any platform? Even Ryse there was people from Microsoft thinking the games was 1080p.

This was the best he could say for now. Only IW can say the native resolution, and in fact they are not even requared to do so, and no one would care.

There is just a rush to find any mulplat game that might run batter on the PS4, they might run, but it will not be the native resolution that would show it.

Here the @famousmortimer post (I like this guy): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87095707&postcount=2179

He talk about Titanfall too

pezus said:
Let's take a deep breath for a minute and ask ourselves if this really matters.

Well?

Reading through the thread I was going to ask this. If you buy a One are you going to stare at gameplay on the next system and pout. How is graphic level even a concern is beyond stupid.