By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [CONFIRMED by IW] COD: GHOSTS run at 720p 60fps and 1080p 60fps on PS4

pezus said:
Let's take a deep breath for a minute and ask ourselves if this really matters.

Well?

Like that beath?

Around the Network

if it turns out true its gonna be bad around here and other forums come Nov.

the only good thing that would come out of this is it will be easier for me to decide which next gen console to get as im on the fence right now, not b/c i only care which console can run COD better but come on if your having trouble running COD then you will with most of the next gen 3rd parties and more importantly future ones that will release beyond 2014

Play Me

I can't see it being the esram, it is simply the big brother of Edram which all 360 developers are familiar with.

bananaking21 said:
CGI-Quality said:
bananaking21 said:
CGI-Quality said:
No matter how reliable, it's a rumor until confirmation. Only reason(s) I can imagine any truth to this (since the PS4 version was confirmed @ 1080p) - it is either a shoddy port or they ran out of time.

it would be pretty impossible to believe that Infinity ward would make the xbox version of CoD a "shoddy port" though, considering xbox is their biggest platform.

Then they ran out of time, or the X1 truly had issues running it at the same resolution as the PS4 (which sounds completely unlikely).

i know people are downplaying CoD but have people seen the requirments that the game needs on PC? its certainly a game that needs a lot of juice. im not saying this to bash xbox or praise PS4 but im just stating my opinion on the matter. i just wouldnt be surprised if the game runs on 720P on the xbox one, its certainly weaker than the PS4 so i dont expect parity, the game runs at 60FPS too. and this is the first time they develop for both consoles. the devs dont know all the in and outs of the xbox one or PS4. i wouldnt say its a matter of time, as the PS4 is running at 60FPS. my opinion would be that they just dont have enough experience with the xbox one to make it run at 1080P this time aruond.

I have. My system will run BF4 on PC better than it will CoD Ghosts. Usually its the other way around for my aging system.

Doubtful, the power gap between the two systems is hardly enough to force only 720p on XB1.

Around the Network

You know you can edit the wikipedia with false info and sometimes that was hilarious...

It is already updated with the accurate info but it was like that for some minutes.

They were already speculating that it was 720 before the "reliable source" chimed in echoing what was being said without adding anything to back it up. Doesn't seem legit to me but I have to admit it's strange that they would showcase using the PS4.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

i stopped at "neogaf"

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

gooch_destroyer said:
I've heard the Wii-U version is 1080p as well. Damn son.

Hey now! Come on.. dont say shit like that.. wiiu has enough hate ... like that would ever happen anyway .. lol

Scisca said:
At what resolution is the Wii U version going to run? I would laugh for hours if CoD ran at 720p/60fps on XO and 1080p/60fps or even 900p/60fps on Wii U! That would be humiliating. XO on par with Wii U confirmed? xD

I think you're ignoring the Wii U version won't be visually at par with other 8th gen consoles.

Have any multi plat games been above 720p and 60fps on Wii U?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)