By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which final fantasy has the BEST story?

Which Generation of final fantasy is your fave?

Old School (FF1-FF6) 79 30.04%

Golden Age (FF7-FF12) 173 65.78%

Moden Era (FF13-??) 10 3.80%

Total:262

aikohualda said:

fave game is 9... but the story of x is amazing... wait you think 6 has better story? :O maybe i need to buy those mobile game XD

FFVI have the most consistent story... there is no main character because all have it own part in the history (not focused in only char)... the Villain is a real megafucker villain (and he really did bad things).

The story talks about everything... friendship, love, war, loyalty, policy, family, discrimination, etc... almost all themes are discussed.

And the best... it is simple.

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
RenCutypoison said:
Final Fantasy VI has the best story.

But my favourite is X anyway.

fave game is 9... but the story of x is amazing... wait you think 6 has better story? :O maybe i need to buy those mobile game XD

It's on DS and GBA too.

Most people who played it will tell you the same, and most people saying another FF has the best story haven't played any game before VII, and that sucks.

I can understand people have their preference, but Vi is too underrated because youngsters won't even try to play it =(

FFVI
just a question though, by Golden Age do you mean the golden age of consoles or final fantasies? because the Golden Age of consoles was the Snes-Genisis era.

Probably Dissidia 012 since my only other option is FFXlll and even though i haven't finished FFXlll-2 yet, but my god is the story awfully they completely botched time travel.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

aikohualda said:

how come a lot of people say 7 is over rated???

Anybody that FFVII was not the intro in the series says it is overated... it is a AMAZING game BTW... not the best FF.

Around the Network

FFX, and FFVI comes second.

MohammadBadir said:
FFVI
just a question though, by Golden Age do you mean the golden age of consoles or final fantasies? because the Golden Age of consoles was the Snes-Genisis era.

I think he means about sales ... the Gold Age of FF sales... 7, 8, 9 and 10 are the best selling FF.

ethomaz said:

aikohualda said:

FFVI have the most consistent story... there is no main character because all have it own part in the history (not focused in only char)... the Villain is a real megafucker villain (and he really did bad things).

The story talks about everything... friendship, love, war, loyalty, policy, family, discrimination, etc... almost all themes are discussed.

And the best... it is simple.

You're right, but the central story of FF VI is not that memorable....FF VI is more based in its colorful characters and side stories than in its central story. In that regard i think FF X have a more spectacular, insteresting and focused story than FF VI.

For me FF X have the better story, it's complex and mysterious and in my opinion, it have the better ending of the saga, at least, the more emotional.

Final Fantasy IV had one of the best in my opinion. Although I think Final Fantasy VI is kinda overrated I liked the characters!

The story for Final Fantasy X didn't make much sense, I ended the game not knowing what really happend...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

aikohualda said:
tiffac said:
This is a hard question... but I am a sucker for FFVII.

how come a lot of people say 7 is over rated???

Difference in opinion. Don't get mixed up with FF fans that are viral towards other FF fans because of their different preferrence. I for one love them all. Even though that FFXIII-2 ending still rubs me the wrong way.