By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which final fantasy has the BEST story?

Which Generation of final fantasy is your fave?

Old School (FF1-FF6) 79 30.04%

Golden Age (FF7-FF12) 173 65.78%

Moden Era (FF13-??) 10 3.80%

Total:262

FFIX has the best in my view, characters develop, change and grow. FFVI a close second. All have been good, up until FFXIII.

Oh and on the poll, Modern era should be 12 onwards. More MMO style RPG elements is a modern mechanic.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

FFVI have the most consistent story... there is no main character because all have it own part in the history (not focused in only char)... the Villain is a real megafucker villain (and he really did bad things).

The story talks about everything... friendship, love, war, loyalty, policy, family, discrimination, etc... almost all themes are discussed.

And the best... it is simple.

FFVI is like the only FF game that I get sad when the team disbands due to story purposes. I was like always in anticipation on when the gang will get back together again and kick some evil clown butt. lol!

tiffac said:

FFVI is like the only FF game that I get sad when the team disbands due to story purposes. I was like always in anticipation on when the gang will get back together again and kick some evil clown butt. lol!

I like that too... and you need to play with every character until get them together again... and they meet some new friends too

So you play with the view of all characters (well not all but you get what I'm saying).

And FF VII doesn't have a bad story and it's not overrated at all, in my opinion is better than FF VI story. I just think that FF VII was just too much succesful and became cliché to like it. FF IX is my favourite FF game by the way....XDD

ethomaz said:
MohammadBadir said:
FFVI
just a question though, by Golden Age do you mean the golden age of consoles or final fantasies? because the Golden Age of consoles was the Snes-Genisis era.

I think he means about sales ... the Gold Age of FF sales... 7, 8, 9 and 10 are the best selling FF.

in that case, yeah XD FFVII had one of the best marketting campaigns ever.

Around the Network

I personally really liked the story in VIII. VII was memorable but so many plot holes kind of hurt it. VI was also awesome but I really think the best story was VIII.

VII has the best story.

VI is a close second but VII tells it's story much better.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i like them all, the ff12 was meh and the ff13 was dog shit bad.

I loved the more mature and more political plot of FF XII, at least, its first half, and respecting FF XIII, the story had a lot of potential, but like FF VII, it has serious problems of storytelling that undermined the final result.

I would have to say FFX, but I never actually completed any other FF game. However, I have tried a few ones such as FFVII, VIII, XII, and XIII but I never could never really get into those games. Im not much of an RPG player, but the story in FFX got me hooked.

I particularly liked FFX due to the whole premise of going into another world that slowly revealed itself more an more to the main character. You were able to experience the mystery and intrigue along with Tidus. I also really liked how they portayed summoners and summons.

colafitte said:

I loved the more mature and more political plot of FF XII, at least, its first half, and respecting FF XIII, the story had a lot of potential, but like FF VII, it has serious problems of storytelling that undermined the final result.

I loved the voice acting on FFXII. Its the only FF I remember that I wanted to rush through the dungeon and get to the next cutscene to hear the characters speak. lol! It was just d@mn too sexy for me. xD