By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has "Games with Gold, Server Support' convinced you to pick up a Xbox 360 or even a Xbox One?

Games with Gold has convinced me to pick up Xbox 360, or Xbox One

True. 46 37.40%

False. 62 50.41%

Neither. 14 11.38%

Total:122

Seems a few have decided to jump in.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DJEVOLVE said:
KylieDog said:
I own a 360 and stopped paying for Gold. Really old games aren't going to make me get Gold again or buy a XBone.

They're so old I wouldn't play them even if they were free, and I own disc copies of some, which I'll never play again.

Dead Rising 2 is not that old.

Dead Rising 2 is like twelve bucks or less at Gamestop now. You're right its three years old, but it was devalued quickly because Dead Rising tends to by default.

After many have played the second one, Including me, I will be picking up the 3rd. The first I hated, the second I rather enjoyed. So this was the right move. After I beat the game, I went and pre-ordered the 3rd.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DJEVOLVE said:
KylieDog said:
I own a 360 and stopped paying for Gold. Really old games aren't going to make me get Gold again or buy a XBone.

They're so old I wouldn't play them even if they were free, and I own disc copies of some, which I'll never play again.

Dead Rising 2 is like twelve bucks or less at Gamestop now. You're right its three years old, but it was devalued quickly because Dead Rising tends to by default.

magic 2012 is also not so old =p; 

While Games With Gold is good if you already pay for Gold, it doesn't make me interested in picking up another Xbox 360. Halo 3 can be purchased for $4 and Dead Rising can be purchased for $3 as used titles at Gamestop. Wait for a buy two get one free sale and you get those and another for the cost of $7. .

It's no surprise that I'm disappointed with the US PS+, I complain about it every new thread that comes up about it, but it's far better than what Games With Gold offers each month.

I was already gonna buy it before the games with gold came out. I will have them all by next year but xbox one will be my only next gen launch console.

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

Around the Network

No, games with gold has changed nothing for me. PS plus is cheaper, offers almost 10 free games a month, and discounts on A LOT of the store. Along with that, you get into betas more often and get time trials. PS plus could charge more than XBL gold and still be justified.

There server support was already good. The added games are a bonus. I'm picking everything up even if I don't play it yet.

What it means is when the 360 finally gets relegated to my guest room. I'll have tons of games for my guest to play.

Just realized that might mean they never leave. Might have to think some more about this play.

Anyway, it's been great. And I it's made it easier not to buy any current games an wait till I get a next gen console.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

GamechaserBE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DJEVOLVE said:
KylieDog said:

magic 2012 is also not so old =p; 

I have no clue what that is. Thats probably why they gave it away. Are you talking about the card game?