By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has "Games with Gold, Server Support' convinced you to pick up a Xbox 360 or even a Xbox One?

Games with Gold has convinced me to pick up Xbox 360, or Xbox One

True. 46 37.40%

False. 62 50.41%

Neither. 14 11.38%

Total:122
theshonen8899 said:
As I understand it, every game on Games with Gold released so far is less than $5-$10 on Amazon. It wouldn't make economic sense to purchase an Xbox with a hard drive and an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play those games.

So you bust out economics? LOL

It is 2 games a month so that's 10-20 bucks free every single month, minus the $5 for xbox live. Also lets not ignore the excellent back catalog of games.

Around the Network

Every month MS will give 30$ worth of games.

Its going to take Games for Gold a little while to mature. PSN Plus took three years to perfect. It didnt get it right until E3 2012. What you really should be saying is "Is Xbox Live worth buying a Xbox One or Xbox 360 for now"? Games for Gold is not a premium service. Its a small part of a larger premium service which is Xbox Live Gold in its entirety. PSN Plus is a selling point because its separated from what is free and every dime that goes into it goes back to getting more games.

If I didn't have an xbox 360 or PS3 already and saw Xbox Live gold vs PS+ I would buy the PS3 only instead based solely on the free games.

What games had servers on the 360 this gen that didn't have it on the ps3? and yes I will pick up the X1 and buy my multiplat on it if they have dedicated servers and the ps4 doesn't have it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
I own a 360 and stopped paying for Gold. Really old games aren't going to make me get Gold again or buy a XBone.

They're so old I wouldn't play them even if they were free, and I own disc copies of some, which I'll never play again.

45,000 gamers on H3 did lol. Old doesn't mean anything if you haven't played it. & the ones I hadn't played were AC2 that Earth Defense game which I love and that Dead Rising one. Ppl play old games all the time. In the case of Dead Rising and AC2 I'm sure it was free to get ppl into the series like me. 

Nice that they extending it but so far they only had titles I already have for the most part.

TheSting said:
KylieDog said:
I own a 360 and stopped paying for Gold. Really old games aren't going to make me get Gold again or buy a XBone.

They're so old I wouldn't play them even if they were free, and I own disc copies of some, which I'll never play again.

45,000 gamers on H3 did lol. Old doesn't mean anything if you haven't played it. & the ones I hadn't played were AC2 that Earth Defense game which I love and that Dead Rising one. Ppl play old games all the time. In the case of Dead Rising and AC2 I'm sure it was free to get ppl into the series like me. 

Yep thats pretty much the best thing about the promotional games. Sony did that with Saints Row 3 and bunch of other games before newer versions came out.

TheSting said:
KylieDog said:

Those two where the best ones they gave away for free so far but unfortunately I already have them.

GamechaserBE said:
Every month MS will give 30$ worth of games.

Thats a start especially when Xbox Live has been a pure profit enterprise for years. Xbox Live gamers deserve more expensive games than even Sony gamers are getting for how much they've poured into Microsoft.