By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So I'm playing Trauma Center: New Blood ...

And the female doctor that's a playable character in the game has the same voice as Ashley Williams in Mass Effect! Does anyone know anything about her? I am looking at other games to see if I can spot her voice.

It's like the Wilhelm scream - I actually look for it in movies ... 

Around the Network

Kimberly Brooks
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2003743/

No More Heroes (2007) - Shinobu

Mass Effect (2007)- Gunnery Chief Ashley Williams

Bullet Witch (2007) - Additional Voices

Spider-Man 3 (2007) - Calypso/Additional Voices

Clive Barker's Jericho (2007) - Muriel Green

Shark Tale (2004) - Additional Voices

Dark Reign: The Future of War (1998) - Computer

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I always get a kick out of the pig squeals from Warcraft 2. 14 years later, I still hear those pig squeals once in awhile.

Not to mention half of the SFX from Civ 2.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
I always get a kick out of the pig squeals from Warcraft 2. 14 years later, I still hear those pig squeals once in awhile.

Hah, that makes me laugh, mostly because in the games i made for my own enjoyment i used to use the Civ 2 sound effects.

HOW is the game tho??

m thinking bout getting it...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

It seems interesting - can u give us a review?

So many things to praise on that game and you are worried about voice acting? Bah, I am disappointed.
On a side note, the female doctor is the best because her healing touch power makes you invincible. It is great for noobs.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

darthdevidem01 said:
HOW is the game tho??

My girlfriend likes it.  As a qualifier though, my girlfriend also wants a 360 for Bioshock and her favorite game last generation was probably Star Wars Battlefront 2. 

darthdevidem01 said:
HOW is the game tho??

I'm enjoying New Blood immensely.

The game is raw speed and manual dexterity in a tense situation. There's a little bit of strategy in some procedures, just from figuring out what problems you need to prioritize. The game does an excellent job of throwing unexpected problems at you which increase the pressure. Some procedures are very challenging to complete without a good grasp of what you need to do, and you will have to attempt some levels more than once, even on easy mode. Replay value is high if you're the kind of person who likes to go back and earn that high score, as points are assigned for speed, accuracy, and how well you preserve the patient's health.

The co-op mode is excellent. Neither player really has primacy over the other, and special actions will switch between the players to make sure that both stay engaged. The difficulty of the procedures is increased when you have two surgeons, so the game can actually be harder to complete in co-op mode unless the two doctors co-ordinate to treat injuries effectively.

The graphics and presentation are good. The storyline is completely 2D, but it's a high-quality 2D with well-drawn backgrounds and expressive characters. The game itself walks the fine line between looking realistic enough that the players can understand that they're looking and organs, diseases and injuries, while abstracting all of these things enough that the squeamish aren't grossed out by it all. Nothing in the presentation will wow you, but everything looks clean and professional.

The story is solid, but not flawless. It does what it's meant to do, which is explain why the doctors are doing the procedures that they're doing. This is science fiction, and there are quite a few things which don't make a whole lot of sense. The payoff for suspending your disbelief is being able to do procedures on very unusual diseases while in very unusual circumstances, which help keep the gameplay fresh and interesting. The voice acting for the core characters is very high quality, though the standard falls pretty hard on some of the supporting cast.

This game is not an easy game. You will need to be quick, accurate, and adaptive to new challenges. You also won't find gameplay quite like this anywhere else, so you should definately give it a try if you like new experiences.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

mrstickball said:

Ah!

When people ask me hows work, I respond with "Works Work" like a peon on Warcraft.. though I believe in the game they just say "work, work"

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)