By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are We getting Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon On WiiU? Last Month was Newegg now Its Best Buy!

Luigi Mansion 2 Sale Lifetime on WiiU would be____

Over 2mil 29 23.97%

1.5mil-2mil 16 13.22%

1mil-1.5mil 31 25.62%

500k-1mil 45 37.19%

Total:121

Earlier this month, Newegg listed a Wii U version of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as releasing by the end of the year and, more importantly, existing. Newegg then confirmed that the information was "from the manufacturer" and that they, Newegg, "guarantee that information," after which the Wii U listing of Dark Moon was removed and we all just sort of assumed it wasn't happening. But now, Best Buy's got a listing for "Wii U Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon," so I don't know what to think.

Best Buy lists Dark Moon's Wii U version for only $47.99, a reasonable price if we're assuming this is just an HD port of the 3DS game, and promises that "product details will be available soon." Here's a picture of the listing:

If the circumstances surrounding the Newegg listing hadn't contained a representative guaranteeing that the information was "from the manufacturer," I'd probably just tell you to assume this was false, but it did contain that, so who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will show up in HD sometime soon. What do you think?

Around the Network

That would suck -.-

I doubt it. Next Level Games are working on a new game though. It may be a new Luigi's Mansion.

Boutros said:
That would suck -.-

Wayyyyyyyy to close to each other version lol. Thought DK Returns was bad o.O

I don't think it would suck, because I have several friends who don't like handheld gaming and are always bitching about how Nintendo's handhelds get the games they want to play: Dark Moon, Uprising, A Link Between Worlds etc. This could help bolster the Wii U's library during lean times.

Around the Network

If it happens I hope they include the original Luigi's Mansion as well, I'm one of those who never got a chance to play that game. If they do I'll buy several copies.

An absolute waste. Are we going to come to the point were even Nintendo won't properly support the Wii U?

tbone51 said:
Boutros said:
That would suck -.-

Wayyyyyyyy to close to each other version lol. Thought DK Returns was bad o.O

It's fine if it's from console to handheld because it's a downgrade but the other way around is annoying since the console version will obviously be superior!

I'd probably pick this up if true. I would have preferred Kid Icarus Uprising though.

it will also be a substantially higher price for the  console version. I honestly think this is the way we are headed. The NSMB games were a dip into those waters. They were not the same game but they looked similar. Ditto with 3D world and 3D Land. I think that if you take a handheld game, upscale it, and add some compelling new features and some legacy content, people will be swayed to buy.