By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum Break: In-Game GIF Show Amazing Graphics

So how does this small gif effect you?

Gimme one. Day 1 purchase. 51 43.97%

Day 1? This is madness. P... 1 0.86%

Standard edition? Are you... 17 14.66%

I am jelly because I am g... 16 13.79%

This will be BOMBA. (Troll). 31 26.72%

Total:116
selnor1983 said:
Zekkyou said:

I wouldn't go that far, but hay ho :P Remember it's a small gif, so it's going to look better than it really is. Doesn't look leaps and bounds better than a TLOU in-game gif (other than the lighting), which is a last gen game (far be it the top of the pile for last gen, maybe behind Two Souls).

Certainly looks very pretty though :D

Sorry but its completely different. The details, the models. THe lighting. I actually was more mpressed visually by UC3 than TLOU.

I'm not saying TLOU looked better, i'm just pointing out that the QB gif looks no better than what you would expect from a next gen game when current gen games looked like that. (i do agree the cutscenes in UC3 looked nicer, but TLOU's colour pallet was more in line with the OP gif so it made a better comparison).

If you think the QB gif is leaps and bounds ahead of this then your expectation must have been pretty low :/ I also expect you'd have a hemorrhage if you become a high end PC gamer for a week :P

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
Zekkyou said:
selnor1983 said:
Stunning. Absolutely stunning. The visuals on ryse, forza 5 and this are simply amazing. Those ingame graphics are beyond what i thought we would see in the first 2 years.

I wouldn't go that far, but hay ho :P Remember it's a small gif, so it's going to look better than it really is. Doesn't look leaps and bounds better than a TLOU in-game gif (other than the lighting), which is a last gen game (far be it the top of the pile for last gen, maybe behind Two Souls).

[gif

that gif :O

is there anyway to shrink that down to the size of the other in my sig? so i cant put them both together haha

Here ya go ^^ sized it to be the same as your other one.

Damn. The graphics are horrible. This could have been a 360 game. Pre-rendered cutscenes are nothing to brag about.

shloob said:

Ive played through and beat the last of us ( pehenomenal game by the way) but the gif is in no way shape or form made from actual gameplay.

Nor is the OP.

In-engine. Not in-game.

Around the Network
HikenNoAce said:
In-engine. Not in-game.

Then many posts, pics and threads are to be discredited.

The character models looks really good--way better than Ryse for me--, as does the lighting. However, I'm going to assume that gif is way shortened, with a lot of the sequence cropped for length. Otherwise, the physics are just plain weird. He looks like he got hit with a wedgie rather than a high powered weapon.

Also, why are bad guys always so dumb? "Stand up so I can shot you! Wait a second, let me pause before I point my gun at you ... there! This is much safer than shooting you in the back of the head."

shloob said:

Ive played through and beat the last of us ( pehenomenal game by the way) but the gif is in no way shape or form made from actual gameplay.

actual gameplay

Zekkyou said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Zekkyou said:
selnor1983 said:
Stunning. Absolutely stunning. The visuals on ryse, forza 5 and this are simply amazing. Those ingame graphics are beyond what i thought we would see in the first 2 years.

[gif

that gif :O

is there anyway to shrink that down to the size of the other in my sig? so i cant put them both together haha

Here ya go ^^ sized it to be the same as your other one.

thank you so much!!! now i just need to try and get them next to each other! haha im a noob

neither in game and cut scene from TLOU looks anywhere close in graphic level to what we have seen so far from quantum break in game and cut scene.... but that must be just me.... I find QB graphics way more polished/precise scenes are busier and light effects are just over the top... compared to TLOU...