By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turok Completed Months Ago, Delayed due to PS3 - Yet, It's still crap...

"The new Turok title was originally scheduled for release in November of last year, but only came out this past week. The reason for the four-month delay? According to developer Propaganda Games, it's the PS3's fault."

"Josh Holmes, VP and studio manager at Propaganda, tells Canada.com that lead development of Turok took place on the Xbox 360, due to the console's easy compatibility with the Unreal Engine 3. Though the Xbox 360 version was finished on schedule, the PS3 version took a bit more finagling to get it "up to the standard of the 360 version.""

Will propaganda join Silicon Knights law suit vs. Epic for a crappy engine that doesn't work on the PS3? - It could be possible if Turok sales don't measure up.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

xD yeah I agree the game is still bad >

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Studio starts with 360 version, does Ps3 port after 360, release later due to PS3, news.

I only half believe that. It was probably also delayed to avoid getting trampled by all the other big titles being released in the same period. Granted, it still hasn't sold that much anyway...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Kyros said:
Studio starts with 360 version, does Ps3 port after 360, release later due to PS3, news.

hehe, creating threads reporting this probably accounts for half my post!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Kyros said:

QFT

They just won't learn will they?

gebx said:
Kyros said:

hehe, creating threads reporting this probably accounts for half my post!

I see what you did there! No, but seriously, I think it's friggin awesome :P Hopefully more dev's will just go the Burnout route and save time, effort, money, and make a better game in the process by leading on the PS3. 

I Second ClaudeLv250s post. This game sucks major balls. Coming out when CoD4 or Halo3 came out would have been worthless, the game would have sold nothing.

@DMeisterj
It does suck but its a lot better than Jerecho and that Area 51 garbage game that came out last year at that time...
Those sold ok at the time and Turok is a bigger brand so I think it would have sold ok as well. I don't think Touchstone is going for 1 million in sales with Turok...

I think someone should just give the Turok Franchise to Insomniac xD They could make something of the series :D