By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW 12th of Oct. Pokemon week! Beyond!

Yakuzaice said:
aikohualda said:

but this is a week ending at a day one of pokemon....

i think the sales would stretch next week.... i hope they maintain the same number of 3ds for next week.... so 2ds didn't help much you think?

Two days in Japan, and Monster Hunter was released on the same day of the week.

For USA though, it was released on saturday (12th) of the week. Games are typically released on tuesday which would have been the 8th. So it's a lot shorter than typical new releases for USA.

This could partially explain small bump for USA numbers. Monster Hunter pushing Japans number higher isn't too surprising since it is approaching/possibly surpassing pokemon in popularity there, particularly since it was released first.

Around the Network
aikohualda said:

the post i quoted is not about JAPANESE numebrs but USA and EUROPE... and not about MONSTER HUNTER but ANIMAL CROSSING....

So you didn't read the post you quoted?

kitler53 said:

great 3DS hardware but...

...it should be pointed out MH moved more hardware (japan) than pokemon. MH was the true vita killer. :P

Sounds like Japan and Monster Hunter to me.

I did forget that us and europe is one day. In europe games are usually released on a friday so next week we could actually see an increase in hardware week on week in the us and europe for the 3ds

aikohualda said:
kitler53 said:

...it should be pointed out MH moved more hardware (japan) than pokemon. MH was the true vita killer. :P

i think the sales would stretch next week.... i hope they maintain the same number of 3ds for next week.... so 2ds didn't help much you think?

pokemon released the same day and MH and every other game ever...  looking at your other responce,..  saying "in the west" is not an excuse.  my post clearly calls out the region of japan for a game not yet  released in the west.  if you aren't responding to what i wrote than don't quote me.

Yakuzaice said:
aikohualda said:

the post i quoted is not about JAPANESE numebrs but USA and EUROPE... and not about MONSTER HUNTER but ANIMAL CROSSING....

So you didn't read the post you quoted?

kitler53 said:

Sounds like Japan and Monster Hunter to me.

"Im a bit surprised at the low 3ds numbers for north america and europe. I tend to wait for the npd numbers each month now as tracking does seem to be a little off most months. Find it hard to believe animal crossing boosted it more than pokemon."

Apparently you didn't.... why insert a japanese number and monster hunter?????? LOL we are talking about USA and europe numbers and how animal crossing moved more hardware than pokemon... and you commented about pokemon was release two days... what does it have to do with the europe and USA numebrs WE are takling about and we are comparing it to ANIMAL crossing not MONSTER HUNTER.... uhm yeah reading comprehension mate.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
aikohualda said:
kitler53 said:

pokemon released the same day and MH and every other game ever...  looking at your other responce,..  saying "in the west" is not an excuse.  my post clearly calls out the region of japan for a game not yet  released in the west.  if you aren't responding to what i wrote than don't quote me.

oops i think i mis quoted LOL

aikohualda said:

"Im a bit surprised at the low 3ds numbers for north america and europe. I tend to wait for the npd numbers each month now as tracking does seem to be a little off most months. Find it hard to believe animal crossing boosted it more than pokemon."

Apparently you didn't.... why insert a japanese number and monster hunter?????? LOL we are talking about USA and europe numbers and how animal crossing moved more hardware than pokemon... and you commented about pokemon was release two days... what does it have to do with the europe and USA numebrs WE are takling about and we are comparing it to ANIMAL crossing not MONSTER HUNTER.... uhm yeah reading comprehension mate.

So you didn't read your own post that I quoted or the one you responded to, gotcha.

Yakuzaice said:
aikohualda said:

So you didn't read your own post that I quoted or the one you responded to, gotcha.

yes sir

Ps3 80 million!! ^_^

3DS hardware seems kind of low in America. There are two weeks of greater hardware sales for the handheld this year -- already kind of suspect. The first was the week ending March 30, coinciding with the release of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. It opened with 271k sales and the 3DS sold over 70k. The second was the week ending June 15, when Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released with an opening week of 249k sales. The 3DS sold over 83k that week.

These two games opened with under 300k sales, yet pushed more hardware than a new Pokemon generation debuting with over 1.3 million sales -- plus a new model, the 2DS.

I don't like playing the "undertracked" card, but it's a possibility here. The numbers are suspicious to me.

Bonus Round: Did you know that this is the third-highest week for 3DS software in the US since its release? The only weeks higher were the ones ending December 10 and December 24 of 2011. Pokemon X and Y alone sold more than the entire 3DS software library in any single week of 2012, including the Holiday season.

Oh yeah congrats PS3. :P