By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Charticle: PS4 and Xbox One launch lineup exclusive games compared

CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:
Darth Tigris said:
X1 has a better and more diverse launch line-up of exclusives, three of which are from proven, popular franchises. That being said, neither exclusive launch game line-up is enough to justify the initial costs of these consoles.

If only one of the consoles offered something more than games at launch to sweeten the deal .........

I see what you did there

Yep, stealth trolling at its finest.

Really?  REALLY?  You think THIS is stealth trolling?  Please, tell me who or what I'm trolling.

Stealth trolling .....

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
MikeRox said:
No you don't, they're cross buy. If you already own the PS3 version, you get the PS4/Vita versions free.

That was the thing that surprised me the most when I got my Vita in 2012. I already had a couple of games like Hustle Kings for it when I was expecting to have to pay out for them again.

Cross Buy is awesome!

No you do not. You pay an upgrade fee to play it on the PS4

I think you are thinking other games AC4 BF4. They just anounce that flow, flower, escape plan and sound shapes are cross buy no extra cost.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/16/flower-flow-sound-shapes-escape-plan-coming-to-ps4/

last paragraph from the link

Finally, these are all Cross-Buy games, meaning if you buy it once, you’ll be able to download it for free on any available system. Oh, and one more thing: if you have purchased these games previously on PlayStation Store, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge.

The only absolute exclusive launch game in that list I personally think is a must have is Killzone.

So I'll get a PS4, and all the multiplats there as well. The ones I don't get on PC, anyway.

Kind of funny, last gen my go-to console for multiplats was the 360, since PS3 got many lower quality ports. This gen is looking to be just the opposite in terms of which version is better for graphics and performance.

Pinball Arcade and Putty Squad not on Xbox 1? Pack your stuff MS you're never gonna recover from this.

J_Allard said:
I thought PS4 was launching with a slew of timed exclusive indie titles? Like Minecraft? Did that change or am I just reading the criteria wrong.

It does if you compare just PS4 vs X1, PS4 way out performs on exclusive launch titles, with the other platforms in there specifically steam, it shows the X1 in a better light that it really is. 

I know its only fair to say alot of the ps4 games arent really exclusive, but then its disingenious to then only compare X1 vs PS4 when your data includes 4 other platforms. 

By Xmas PS4 will have close to double the amount of games than X1 has.