By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Charticle: PS4 and Xbox One launch lineup exclusive games compared

Shinobi-san said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Shinobi-san said:

How so? This is the first time I've heard that the 360 will get a cut down version of Titanfall.

BF3 and Bf4 are exceptions in that the MP allows for bigger maps and more players on PC and possibly next gen. I seriously havent seen any articles that suggest the same sort of thing happening for Titanfall. Will do a quick search though and see what i find.

Edit: Most articles are pointing out that the Xbone version has cloud support. I find this particularly funny for obvious reasons . I'm sure there will be a major graphical difference in the games but apart from that i dont see why they will be different experiences. Titanfall does not have massive maps or high player counts like Battlefield.

Well as of right now we don't know player count in the game but it does have much bigger maps than COD and runs @60fps. If they plan on hitting 60fps then it will be subHD on current gen. It is also being made by a totally different studio.

Going sub HD is just a graphical difference. Theres no indication whatsoever that the core experience of the game will be different on 360.

So yeah if someone is "perfectly satisfied with current gen" as you put it... then I dont see why Titanfall will cause them to move over. Which is what your initial post seemed to claim.

And it's not being developed by Respawn. There will be other downgrades besides graphics, trust me.

Around the Network

wouldn't that make it more logical to just release it as a pure XBONE exclusive? An inferior release (beyond graphics) on 360 would surely just tarnish the new brand to a lot of gamers?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Also noticing a fair few of the PS4 games that aren't exclusive, are due to being on PS3 or Vita. This looks like an interesting strategy from Sony to try and keep brand retention, as a few of them you will already own on PS4, if you purchased them on PS3 or Vita.

Yi=ou still have to pay money

No you don't, they're cross buy. If you already own the PS3 version, you get the PS4/Vita versions free.

That was the thing that surprised me the most when I got my Vita in 2012. I already had a couple of games like Hustle Kings for it when I was expecting to have to pay out for them again.

Cross Buy is awesome!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I don't understand why one would get a $400-$500 console just for launch titles. Historically, the PlayStation consoles never had the greatest lineup, but IMO has always ended up with the best games. I also know that the PS4 will most likely get the Tales series exclusively and more Japanese support in terms of home consoles - which is a big factor. Also, I really like the Sony first party studios a bit better. PS4 / WiiU / PC / 3DS this coming gen, and I figure I have my bases covered. I don't see MS getting exclusive jRPGs like Lost Odyssey / Vesperia this time around - which is really the reason I got the 360 this last generation.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:

Since it is only from that one source, I'm treating it like I treat most rumors - nothing solid until confirmation. That said, even without DriveClub my feelings wouldn't change. $400 vs $500 is among the big reasons and no launch title has my interest like Killzone. 

Is $400 vs $500 really a big issue for you? Considering you pay double that for just one video card for your PC

I don't know about him, but for me the extra £80 (in the UK) is a big deal not because I don't have the money to spare, but because i consider it money wasted. If i go and buy a graphics card for £300 it's because i want that card. I consider the Kinect responsible for the extra £80 on the Xbone and i don't want the Kinect. Same reason i wouldn't buy the £430 PS4 mega bundle. I don't want the PS camera and i don't need an extra controller, all i'd want is Killzone, so in my eyes i just spent an extra £40 on shit i don't need.

OT: It's not surprising considering how much money MS have poured into the Xbone's launch. Hopefully they keep up with that pace, because right now they are doing pretty well (very little from either the PS4 or Xbone's lineups appeal to me, but from a non subjective view i think the Xbone is ahead right now).

tuscaniman99 said:
Shinobi-san said:
tuscaniman99 said:

Well as of right now we don't know player count in the game but it does have much bigger maps than COD and runs @60fps. If they plan on hitting 60fps then it will be subHD on current gen. It is also being made by a totally different studio.

Going sub HD is just a graphical difference. Theres no indication whatsoever that the core experience of the game will be different on 360.

So yeah if someone is "perfectly satisfied with current gen" as you put it... then I dont see why Titanfall will cause them to move over. Which is what your initial post seemed to claim.

And it's not being developed by Respawn. There will be other downgrades besides graphics, trust me.

Trust you? When you making no sense? No.

It's almost like you want there to be differences...

I'll repeat. Theres no indication there will be differences between the versions, why you are so for there being differences is beyond me...

Titanfall seems like a great game with a new twist on MP. But none of the footage suggests that its not capable of running great on a 360 with a lower res and some other graphical differences. Pretty much the same thing applies to most other next gen games with the exception of a few titles.

Respawn are quality devs and im sure they will make sure that the 360 version is not subpar (even though they not porting it). If the core experience is not the same then i dont see why they would even bother putting the game on 360.

Your initial post really didnt make much sense especially when you mentioned gamers who are already satisfied with current gen. If they are satisfied with current gen then getting titanfall on current gen seems like the obvious thing to do. They will only feel it necessary to upgrade when theres an experience on next gen that they cant get on current gen.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I think the one has the better exclusives so that's what ill get first and with Titanfall coming for it next year im down.

MikeRox said:
No you don't, they're cross buy. If you already own the PS3 version, you get the PS4/Vita versions free.

That was the thing that surprised me the most when I got my Vita in 2012. I already had a couple of games like Hustle Kings for it when I was expecting to have to pay out for them again.

Cross Buy is awesome!

No you do not. You pay an upgrade fee to play it on the PS4

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ironmanDX said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
when will people learn that its not the launch that counts but all year? with that said only game i will buy will be killzone , if you want a game that feels next gen, killzone is the one

Have you played it?

do i need to play to see that is the most eye candy game i see from the next gen consoles? i am sure you and your pals in xbox section will look at ryse and forza and they jizz in the pants from the comments i saw there.

Jeez calm down...... I just assumed by this comment. "if you want a game that feels next gen, killzone is the one"