By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon XY Friend Safari Thread (FC's/Trade) ATTENTION: PLS put FC with your Info In Sig Members!

Which of these Starters Would You Want A Mega Stone Event For?

Meganium 114 41.45%

Typlosion 12 4.36%

Feraligtor 20 7.27%

Sceptile 17 6.18%

Swampert 20 7.27%

Torterra 5 1.82%

Infernape 11 4.00%

Empoleon 7 2.55%

Unova Starter? 9 3.27%

Raichu (*.*) 25 9.09%

Total:240
Maxxy said:
I'm just wondering it, would it be a good strategy to have a Sand Rush Excadrill (252 Atk. 252 Hp, 4 Spe) and teach it Swords Dance, Earthquake, Sand Storm, and Rapid Spin?

Since Gen VI basically nullified most of the Auto-Weather strategies, Sand Rush Excadrill loses a lot of sweeping effectiveness. It'll still be one of the most dangerous pokes under a sandstorm, but a staller team can just stall out the sandstorm until it passes.

Mold Breaker Excadrill, now that's a whole different ball game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
^Yeap, ground immunity totally has absolutely nothing to do with it. He's just used for annoying people, whatever that even means lolz. And you will know what kind it is a turn or two into the battle, same with every pokemon.

Come on, of course it does, I was just trying to give off an humorous reply >_>. 

The other part is true though, while most pokes are easy to figure out after a turn or two, Rotom-W has a lot up it's sleeve. For example, my Rotom-W is a Timid nature, sporting Leftovers and carrying Will O Wisp/Thunder Wave, Substitute, Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump. If I started the battle with Substitute, you'd think that I was just going to annoy the heck out of you with Wisps and taking shots at the HP of your pokes, the problem is, my Rotom has maxed SpA and Speed, and his Hydro Pumps OHKO most things that aren't resistant to it or that don't have good bulk. 

So you see me use Substitute, think that I'm gonna do a status move next or that i'm gonna stall you, then I use Hydro Pump and OHKO you. This strategy has served me a lot on rating battles, because most people aren't guessing that a Substitute Rotom-W is gonna be that strong with his SpA.

So unlike most pokes in the OU, which have fixed approaches and limited choices to their viability, Rotom-W can be a jack of all trades. That's why he's one of the most used in the OU, unlike Elektross (can barely make it in UU) which sports the same ground resistance, a ton of HP and can hit like a truck, especially on Trick Room teams.

Edit - Also, once Excadril becomes legit on X/Y, you'll see the use of Rotom-W go down like it was going out of fashion. Why? Two words: Mold. Breaker.

Well whatever you say. :L

Been playing x on my spare time....first game since blue. The hook was online battles, as they can be quite competitive. 0275 8124 7352 is my friend code

I'm online for battles anytime between 1130 pm till whenever I feel like sleeping. Not sure what time zone I'm in but it's the one in Ontario Canada lol.

Also need a flechinder with its hidden ability, gale wing. Would appreciate any help. Thx

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Been playing x on my spare time....first game since blue. The hook was online battles, as they can be quite competitive. 0275 8124 7352 is my friend code

I'm online for battles anytime between 1130 pm till whenever I feel like sleeping. Not sure what time zone I'm in but it's the one in Ontario Canada lol.

Also need a flechinder with its hidden ability, gale wing. Would appreciate any help. Thx

are you playing competitive or just for fun

tbone51 said:
sales2099 said:

Have my campaign 6 which are all from gen 6. I am using them until poke bank comes out in which case a friend will give me my real competitive 6 which span all the gens. But even with my temp team, I play competitive and win more often then not. I did my homework at smogon 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
tbone51 said:
sales2099 said:

Have my campaign 6 which are all from gen 6. I am using them until poke bank comes out in which case a friend will give me my real competitive 6 which span all the gens. But even with my temp team, I play competitive and win more often then not. I did my homework at smogon 

ok cool! Hit me up sometime tomorrow, i'll see if i can give you a gale wings talonflame (or his pre evo!)

tbone51 said:
sales2099 said:
tbone51 said:
sales2099 said:

ok cool! Hit me up sometime tomorrow, i'll see if i can give you a gale wings talonflame (or his pre evo!)

Nice. I added ur friend code on my 3ds just now. I'll pm you tomorrow night before 12. That would be very helpful if you could give me the talonflame, adamant or jolly nature if possible :p. 
thx again

sales2099 said:
tbone51 said:
sales2099 said:
tbone51 said:
sales2099 said:

Nice. I added ur friend code on my 3ds just now. I'll pm you tomorrow night before 12. That would be very helpful if you could give me the talonflame, adamant or jolly nature if possible :p. 
thx again

So a battle huh, i wont go easy!!!

sales2099 said:

I have added you, my FC is Dand - 2148 8580 8204.

If TBone dont find fletchinder, i can help you too. I have 2 Fletchling with gale wing, adamant nature and female; one have xx/31/31/31/31/31 IVs and the other with 31/31/31/xx/31/xx IVs.

Do you have any good IVs pokemon to trade? What is the type of your Vivillon? mine is savana.

@TBone, i hope we can fight someday, i dont have a full trained team, but i would like to fight.

Dand said:
sales2099 said:

I have added you, my FC is Dand - 2148 8580 8204.

If TBone dont find fletchinder, i can help you too. I have 2 Fletchling with gale wing, adamant nature and female; one have xx/31/31/31/31/31 IVs and the other with 31/31/31/xx/31/xx IVs.

Do you have any good IVs pokemon to trade? What is the type of your Vivillon? mine is savana.

@TBone, i hope we can fight someday, i dont have a full trained team, but i would like to fight.

Thank you, Ill add you tonight. Either one will be great, the 1st IV set if you aren't too particular. Ill be online around 11:30 (for reference, my time now is 3:11). Im afraid I wouldn't have anything truly noteworthy, a Froakie perhaps? Also have the Lucario that you get from the 3rd gym and am willing to part with that.