By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Don't Ask a dev anything - Closed

Mmmfishtacos said:
dahuman said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Can you recommend a good 3d modeling program for beginners, hopefully cheap or free?

Blender, not so beginner friendly but they have full tutorial youtube videos that teachs you on how to use it and I consider it the best free 3D modeling program ATM. Lots of plug-in support too.

Cool, i'll check it out. Does it export to unreal?

Lots of plug-in support -_^b

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Can you recommend a good 3d modeling program for beginners, hopefully cheap or free?

The best one for free is blender. Great community and it's definitly a good place to start.

http://www.blender.org/

Also beware that lots of the more professional programs can be bought for pretty cheap with student licenses, but then your game has to be free.

I totally beat you to it! dahuman 1 - JoeBro 0!!!! :P

dahuman said:
JoeTheBro said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

The best one for free is blender. Great community and it's definitly a good place to start.

http://www.blender.org/

Also beware that lots of the more professional programs can be bought for pretty cheap with student licenses, but then your game has to be free.

I totally beat you to it! dahuman 1 - JoeBro 0!!!! :P

I'm such a failure

Thanks guys! I'm checking it out now.

Nyleveia said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
What's with your tone? Its a genuine complaint on the self imposed stymy and inhibiting/ destructive behavior I've seen exhibited. This business is not a simple one, its an outlet of creativity and a unified effort of making something engaging and fun , its unlike any other creative industry. What you see outta me is not anger, its worry. Worry that this industry has forgotten how to manage itself. You have to listen.

You are, again, barking up the wrong tree in thrusting your ideology under my nose, I am frankly lost for words at how you fail to see that, and no, I do not have to listen at all, because it is clear you are not doing the same.

I am not telling you to listen to me, listen to what is going on around you. People dont really see and they dont really hear. Nor do they want to

Im not barking up your tree either, nor am I thrusting my ideology on you, but there are issues that need to be addressed. You spurred it up with how you answered people, and Im telling YOU that its shitty logic. Its a shitty ideology that has spawned from the machine that priortiizes the money over the love of the game. Manufactured controversy, shit like the whole "console wars" nonsense that spawned out the 90's, the media engine run by entertainment companies running rife with say not to say the least.

Seriously man, dont you get it? 

The publishers may decide what you do but they dont tell you how to think. They're all obsessed with their bottom line. They scheme until they get there.  The industry has been pushing towards getting as much competiton out the way without anybody noticing a damn thing. Why do you think so many companies have gone belly up and have been consolidated into larger enttities? Its an increasingly western and obsessive mindset, and you dont even realize its their or where it comes from. It trickles down into your thought process simply by being in said environment and not paying attention to it.

Fuck that , we dont live in the 80's anymore.

But I digress, carry on with saying what you can in limited scope

Around the Network

How do we know he's a real developer ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

First of all, thanks for making this topic. A few pages back you made a mention about a media blackout. I have a few questions regarding that and will try to be as neutral as possible so that you may be able to answer them without giving something away.

1) How often do such blackouts occur to make it look like something is exclusive? Is this something that only happens once in a great while when a company really needs consumers to believe it or is this a common practice?

2) You said you personally don't like that this company is doing so. Is that a sentiment that is echoed among other developers you may have spoken with about it?

3) At first it sounded like this company was doing it for multiple titles but then it sounded like it was just one game in particular. Am I misinterpreting something? Is it only one game they are doing this with or multiple but that one of them is of a certain status in the market?

Thank you.

I somehow find this thread pointless. There's nothing new / interesting / relevant coming out of it. Anybody with decent technical skills could've driven it. Please ask yourself a relevant question and answer it. Say something we didn't knew - a single thing.

Ex Graphics Whore.

the-pi-guy said:
Aerys said:

You can tell by his moustache.

Seriously though, he doesn't seem to be trying to get a rise of anyone, so it's unlikely that he is making this up because there is little motivation to do so outside of entertainment.  Why is it so unbelievable that someone makes games for next gen consoles and is on this site?  

You never know without proof, there is so many mythomaniacs. ( like on neogaf, so many compulsive liars playing the insiders)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
the-pi-guy said:
Aerys said:

You can tell by his moustache.

Seriously though, he doesn't seem to be trying to get a rise of anyone, so it's unlikely that he is making this up because there is little motivation to do so outside of entertainment.  Why is it so unbelievable that someone makes games for next gen consoles and is on this site?  

You never know without proof, there is so many mythomaniacs. ( like on neogaf, so many compulsive liars playing the insiders)

I'm a developer.

I'm just an indie guy that knows next to nothing about what other companies are doing with their games. Do you trust me? ;)