By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Doesn't Killer Instinct Look... Um... Cheap?

well, overall it looks more like SFIV wannabe... I guess you don't like SFIV...

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
walsufnir said:

To be on par with Killer Instinct? Really?

I said better, not on par.

I read it like "in reality the game looks better than on those screenshots."

walsufnir said:
ghettoglamour said:
walsufnir said:

I love it how you guys can take such evident trolling so serious

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
walsufnir said:
ghettoglamour said:
walsufnir said:

I love it how you guys can take such evident trolling so serious

I like how you show sense for humor :) Really, of course it wasn't meant serious by anyone except OP.

walsufnir said:

I like how you show sense for humor :) Really, of course it wasn't meant serious by anyone except OP.

:) So you actually like this game or not? What about Knack? (kinda off-topic I know)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
walsufnir said:

:) So you actually like this game or not? What about Knack? (kinda off-topic I know)

Hmm, I played KI on N64 (or better, a N64-emu) and didn't really get into it. I also didn't like the graphics. The prerendered stuff I really didn't like. But the game *looks* fun now, in my opinion. Knack? Didn't see that much of it and it didn't look "fresh" in my opinion. Nice design, clean graphics and all but generally it looks like a game that doesn't make you an addict. There are a lot of good games but they don't "hook" you. And it seems this is a game where my description fits. I can tell you I didn't preorder it.

HokageTenshi said:

I think its inspired by SFIV. Which is a good thing, it still looks great.

Not nearly as cartoonish though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

tekken 3 is probably the only PS game I played extensively (since I never owned PS and played at friends houses when I was a kid).... If you think KI (the new one we are talking about just to make sure???) looks on par with that you either have checked a video of the old KI, a really bad video of the new one or you need to get your eyes checked..... now gameplay wise I would say it is in between a DOA and a SF play style which is perfect IMO... then again I'm not a pro gamer in fighting games.... but that's a play style I can enjoy.... I don't like the play style of 2d marvel vs campcom games and all... this will be a way more mainstream game than other fighters... which is good for the genre anyway...

Ronster316 said:
DucksUnlimited said:
Ronster316 said:
Knack looks extra rushed AND even cheaper......... so what of it?

This post could not be more relevant, intelligent or insightful. Please go on.

Blatant dig at a Microsoft game, so it's only right that the balance is preserved.

The fact that you're doing it in reaction to the OP speaks quite loudly.

Defensive much? God forbid, nobody can have a negative opinion about something you worship...

Mr Puggsly said:
HokageTenshi said:

I think its inspired by SFIV. Which is a good thing, it still looks great.

Not nearly as cartoonish though.

I think the game looks really good, but the character design is what I'd concider VERY uninspired.