By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft fans we can keep the threads clean ourselves.

JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JoeTheBro said:
Totally agree selnor. Just reporting and moving on is so much better than posting. Also you should never feel the need to warn people that you're going to report them. The mods do a pretty good job of taking care of things and will usually just give a warning if it's nothing serious.

Also I'll use this reply to say I don't think of you as a troll, just in case you got that impression.

I think of him as something else. 

A guy that really loves video games and xbox?

sure. s/

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JoeTheBro said:
Totally agree selnor. Just reporting and moving on is so much better than posting. Also you should never feel the need to warn people that you're going to report them. The mods do a pretty good job of taking care of things and will usually just give a warning if it's nothing serious.

Also I'll use this reply to say I don't think of you as a troll, just in case you got that impression.

sure. s/

I highly doubt he's an astroturfer if that's what you're getting at.

JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:

sure. s/

I highly doubt he's an astroturfer if that's what you're getting at.

Nah...something else.

JoeTheBro said:
gooch_destroyer said:

And graphics, regardless of what system they are on.

gooch_destroyer said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
gooch_destroyer said:
The Victim card has been played.

This is why we need a thumbs up button...

I know. The only Xbox fan I know that doesn't bitch about us is Wright and Jay. The rest like senlor and Kowen are just I don't know. 

Wright is a fake Xbox fan. He happens to hang out in Sony threads all the time and also happens to have "temporarily traded" his Xbox 360 for his friend's PS3.

Bullshit I say.

Around the Network

Why is this necessary? Why do people feel the need that they only have to like one console?

kirby007 said:

How is avoiding and ignoring "subjects" helping him push his agenda, aside from actually creating an enjoyable environment to post in?

Avoiding and ignoring is perfectly fine. Actually, that's really by far the best thing to do when dealing with actual troll postings.
On this forum, trolling works so well because many people here personally strongly identify with some video game console brand, as immature that is. If these "fans" wouldn't simply react and just ignore those postings then yes, the number of troll postings would soon drop.

The problem I see is that many fans simply aren't that self-confident and mature to simply ignore it. Since they personally identify with the brand, I believe their subconsciousness will consider every "attack" on that brand as an attack on their own identity, and will thus lead to a desire to actively do something against it. So if they can't reply to that posting, they will instead intensify reporting such postings.

So if people are already complaining about "everyone was already banned unfairly", I believe that this would just make it much worse. People who have the feeling that they were banned unfairly/for nothing will not regret what they did and really reconsider their behaviour, they'll rather even try to get some kind of revenge for being treated unfairly, like by simply creating new troll accounts or just better obfuscating their trolling.

brendude13 said:

Wright is a fake Xbox fan. He happens to hang out in Sony threads all the time and also happens to have "temporarily traded" his Xbox 360 for his friend's PS3.

Bullshit I say.

Carl2291 said:
Porcupine_I said:

Reported for insulting yourself

Fun fact, I have a mod note in my history for just that reason.

Dr.Grass said:

Oh you are!? I was just saying what you sound like to me. 

That paragraph does absolutely nothing to convince me that it wouldn't just be better for mods to just relax a little on all the banning. But if that was ever a possibility, then the whining and pro-banning campaign that's reared its head now has firmly quashed it again into nothingness.

Of course. Us dipshits always get together to get those pesky trouble causers banned!

Mods dont need to relax on the bans. Not at all. If you break the rules, you get banned. If you dont like getting banned, dont break the rules. Its not exactly difficult. I used to get banned every other Month, yet currently Im ban-free for over 2 Years. Look at your own behaviour and maybe you wont find yourself on the wrong end of a ban hammer.

PlaystaionGamer said:

You need to stop fucking belittling me in comments, Your problem is you 'THINK' your smart. 

Reported. 

This is hilarious.

kow - This wont work
PSGamer - Why do you care, youre part of the problem
kow - I dont support this, you dont understand my comment. I dont like free pass trolling
PSGamer - The mods have messaged me about you and your trouble causing in Sony threads
PSGamer - GET THE FUCK OFF MY BALLS REPORTED

Seriously. This is a part of the problem. When users enter a thread with an agenda of pissing someone else off. You have added nothing to the thread, all you have done is niggle at kow. Its un-needed and its causing confrontation. Seriously. All you have done here is trash talk kow, and thats exactly what we dont need in any of the forums here at GamrConnect.

He is ALWAYS in the Sony forum leaving negative comments and has been horrible to me multiple times on a personal level. I understand your point but maybe if you knew the full picture you would see how my reaction to his comments is fair. 

I see more threads with people complaining about Microsoft threads getting derailed than I see actual Microsoft threads. Instead of complaining about how everyone is against Microsoft, why don't you just ignore them and keep talking about information relevant to you?