By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - will the PS4 and X1 suffer next year like the WiiU did this year? (sales wise)

Will the PS4 and X1 suffer next year?

Yes 130 26.16%

Just PS4 15 3.02%

Just Xbox One 125 25.15%

Neither Will 123 24.75%

WiiU is not next gen 55 11.07%

See results 49 9.86%

Total:497

yes. and to those saying the numbers won't be as low as wii u's: remember that while the drought won't be as big, they are more expensive than wii u was and won't have a year without same gen competition. wii u will be stealing marketshare each day as they try to recover.

so, they are in a better position than wii u was in 2013 on game schedule but not in price or competition.

Around the Network

PS4 and X1 will sell relatively far better. It's to be seen which one of those will perform in the ratio similar to 3DS and Vita.

No, they might not do amazing numbers but they won't go near WiiU numbers. MS and Sony have a solid base to target the console too with software coming.

I think they will both start out real strong, but after the holiday's its might end up being more of a supply issue than anything else. After about 6months we will just have to see. All depends on how much Sony and MS keep the games comin.

Slowdown? Yes. WiiU Slowdown? No unless it is a supply problem.

Neither xbox one/ps4 will be in the same level as Wii U and by the same level, I mean 30k/week but I expect at least 80k at the minimum. PS3 with $600 price point and with literally no huge game at the time, the least it sold were 80k.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
small44 said:
You forget that xboxone and ps4 had 3rd party support unlike wii u

really? did i? how did i forget it if i mentioned the point in the OP. geez.

Yes cross-gen port is enougth for launch a console and true exclusive third party to next gen will come soon.

Exclusive first party game for next gen it not a really important factor compare to third party games

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

In their first year absolutely. But nowhere near as bad as the WiiU. The PS4's popularity right now is insane. And while the xbone had a rough start it's been lately getting up there as well (at least in the US).

Also, the exclusives these consoles will be getting during their first year are exactly the type of games the masses (casual gamers) want.

Zero999 said:

yes. and to those saying the numbers won't be as low as wii u's: remember that while the drought won't be as big, they are more expensive than wii u was and won't have a year without same gen competition. wii u will be stealing marketshare each day as they try to recover.

so, they are in a better position than wii u was in 2013 on game schedule but not in price or competition.

i need to remind you that ps3 was at $600 for a whole year and still the least it do was 80k/week, higher than 30k/week.  Include in the equation that ps2 was still popular, Wii was a monster with all the hype and the direct competition (360) was getting some attention due to being $200 less expensive, so yeah, it's very reasonable to think that both(one/ps4) will sell better than 30k/week, especially ps4 with the entry price point of $400.  So in conclusion, history says otherwise.  Wii U can get all the hype and sales, neither one/ps4 will do as horrible as Wii U.

Angelv577 said:

i need to remind you that ps3 was at $600 for a whole year and still the least it do was 80k/week, higher than 30k/week.  Include in the equation that ps2 was still popular, Wii was a monster with all the hype and the direct competition (360) was getting some attention due to being $200 less expensive, so yeah, it's very reasonable to think that both(one/ps4) will sell better than 30k/week, especially ps4 with the entry price point of $400.  So in conclusion, history says otherwise.  Wii U can get all the hype and sales, neither one/ps4 will do as horrible as Wii U.

I need to remind you we are talking about ps4 and xone.

Zero999 said:
Angelv577 said:

I need to remind you we are talking about ps4 and xone.

So in that case, We can expect Wii U to not be as successful as Wii since we are talking about Wii U.