By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dear VG Chartz community...

I was wondering if you could all do me a favour?
I'm an A2 English Language student currently working on my personal investigation, basically my coursework. I have chosen to investigate language use on the internet, specifically, forums. Since VG Chartz has such a large, varied and fairly colourful community (yes, I've been snooping around for a while now, meant to become a regular poster but have been somewhat busy of late) I'd like to ask for some volunteers to help me with my study. What you'll need to do, is PM me some details, or if you prefer, post here expressing interest and I'll PM you my e-mail address, so you can get in touch that way. The details I'll need are your age, gender, location (town/city etc, country), occupation and income (rough estimate of how much you make per year will do). I'll also need to know in which threads you have posted most often and most recently.
The reason behind all of this, is that I want to look at how demographics affect language use on the internet. I'm not making any assumptions, predictions or hypotheses, I just need a decent sized and varied sample to explore the relationship between such details and the language use of a user.
If you have any questions, post here or PM, and I'll try and answer them through out the day.
Thanks!

EDIT: I also plan on looking into relationships between users, and the idea of a community on forums, so any help there would be appreciated greatly. I hope to use this forum to complete my research, so I hope that's fine with all of you?

Around the Network

I make ~$40,000AUD/year. Check my profile for the rest. Wow, that was easy. This feels like one of those post count threads. PM me if you need more.

£18.000 a year, male, Spanish, London

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/YUK04.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"

~$20k/year + Student, Caucasian, Jewish, 26... do you want my identification numbers too (social security, drivers license)?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

$60k AUD/year, 23, male, caucasian, Brisbane Australia.

Around the Network

Next you'll want my credit card details and say I am the chosen one.

@Steven: Since you're a jew, i think you forgot one zero from your income.

@AoA: Who would want your credit card number. And if someone would want it, how much more damage could that someone do by using your credit card, than what you do yourself. :D

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

LOL, that's true, they can have it, but good luck getting any cash out of it ;P

IT Manager, $50,000 year, 37, male, Mayagüez, PR, for the posts see my profile.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

ArtofAngels said:
LOL, that's true, they can have it, but good luck getting any cash out of it ;P

You've got it all wrong. He wants to deposit $20,000 (on behalf of the bank of Nigeria). You're safe, because they only deal in overnight success stories, circumstantial bequeathments from rich relatives and high return investments.