By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 5: A Hardcore Perspective. "Those triggers... Oh Man those triggers!"

Tagged games:

These triggers keep getting more and more interesting. Hurry up November 22nd!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
Chroniczaaa said:
Zappykins said:
I thought when I felt those triggers that it was the biggest innovation in controllers in easily 20 years. It's almost unfair, Microsoft already has Kinect - and all the new advances it will give the Xbox One. Now with those awesome new haptic feedback triggers, it's almost obscene.

Almost, I say, they are going to make driving games better, scary games more scary, and everything else in between more vivid and more fun.

I really wish we knew who to thank for them.

Wii U already did that.

With ZombieU?  Yea, that's pretty cool the picture filter.  I was at an amusement park and they had a 'zombie filter' that would turn you into zombies for the pictures.  It was rather cool.  I was surprized it hasn't become a facebook trend.

The current Kinect does some of this in a few games - well change you, not make you into a zombie, but skeleton yes.  This is just kicking it up a few more notches.

The bias is strong in you my friend.

But back to the OP, can't wait to try out the Xbox one controller for myself and play forza 5. Rumble in the triggers sounds very interesting can't wait to see how much of a difference it'll make for me while gaming.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Sounds good. Does it have better with Kinect controls too?

green_sky said:
Sounds good. Does it have better with Kinect controls too?

The good thing about Xbox One is that I won't be seeing that horrible label at the top of the box art, ever again.

selnor1983 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
kowenicki said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Wright said:

Yeah, that's cool, but...

...but where's Project Gotham Racing 5?

They changed its name. Its called drive club now :) 

hardly...

Maybe you should look into whos staffed on drive club. Youre going to be surprised when drive club out performs froza.  And gt walks all over it like it always does. Difinitve.

GTFOOH

Driveclub will meta 70 at best.

Forza Horizon is the new PGR. It has 70% of the staff from Bizzare that worked on PGR.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Reported for unfair modding to other mods. I originally reported a user in here for derailing this thread. As this user always does. To find myself banned instead. So Kantor is reported. We shall see what ensues. Terrible.

Around the Network
pezus said:
selnor1983 said:
selnor1983 said:

GTFOOH

Driveclub will meta 70 at best.

Forza Horizon is the new PGR. It has 70% of the staff from Bizzare that worked on PGR.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Reported for unfair modding to other mods. I originally reported a user in here for derailing this thread. As this user always does. To find myself banned instead. So Kantor is reported. We shall see what ensues. Terrible.

What was the ban reason (the text in your mod history)?

The froum rules say we shouldnt discuss it here. Ill PM you.

@OP: I don't really care much about this aspect of the game. The triggers feedback, I can do without. Most of the time, I turn the rumble features of my controllers off because I think it's annoying in most games. I know those triggers are different in some respect, and I haven't tried the controller yet, so I can't pass a definite judgement right now. But based on my history with controller feedback, I don't think it's gonna be a feature for me. I'm all for force feedback in a good wheel. But I couldn't care less about such features in a controller.

As for the game itself, it's the improvement to physics that I'm most looking forward to. 

selnor1983 said:
pezus said:

What was the ban reason (the text in your mod history)?

The froum rules say we shouldnt discuss it here. Ill PM you.

The forum rules also say this: 

If you have a problem with a moderator, send that moderator a private message, and if you are still dissatisfied, send a private message to the Lead Moderator.

If you are banned and cannot login, email mods@vgchartz.com with your issue and you will get a response from the Lead Moderator. Do not post these issues in the forums, outside of moderator-sanctioned threads, or on the moderator’s wall - doing so may result in moderation action against you.

Yet, you posted this: 

selnor1983 said: