By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - tired of the Live vs. PS+ debate!!

Just got done reading a fanboy article titled, 'PS+ puts Xbox live to shame'

sheesh.

seeing how I've come across an innumerable number of these arguments, figured I'd finally weigh-in and set people straight.

PS+ is a game rental service, you pay the monthly fee, they tell you what games you can play for free.. and you get some other stuff too, stuff that no one ever really seems to talk about when they feel the mistaken need to compare the two... they just talk about the 'free' games. that about sums it up.

Xbox Live is a social gaming network, you pay the fee, you get access to a completely connected and almost exhuastively interactive community hub that allows you see, talk to, spy on, and communicate with any other player as you see fit... and you get some other stuff too, stuff that you already pay for and can use on other devices but now have the ability to enjoy when you're not playing online. that about sums it up.

stop comparing the two. 

one's a rental service. one's a gaming service.

Around the Network

One offers better servers, the other offers better value for money. That's how i see it ^^

While you are regarding PS+ as just a rental service, when people compare it to Live they are comparing Live as a whole to PS+ along with PSN (which is free), since with the inclusion of PS+ PSN costs about the same as Live.

PS4 vs Xbone will be a much better comparison for this. Right now things will probably turn out the same (PS+ better value for money, Live better servers), but we will have to wait and see.

Sevengen said:

one's a rental service. one's a gaming service.

This should lead to a nice civilised debate.

One is a good value and the other is not

This topic is gonna be torn to shreds and or closed, this isn't an Xbox friendly forum. To weigh in on it though i feel as though XBL is the better service and has always been but it has nowhere near the advantages it did back when the consoles first released, up to their mid life cycles. Sony has greatly improved their service over the years where XBL has generally stayed about the same (not that its a bad thing because its still a very good service)

While XBL still has the edge atm i feel as though PSN is right there bump drafting it and with the next gen consoles around the corner PSN could decide to make the pass.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

One offers better servers, the other offers better value for money. That's how i see it ^^

While you are regarding PS+ as just a rental service, when people compare it to Live they are comparing Live as a whole to PS+ along with PSN (which is free), since with the inclusion of PS+ PSN costs about the same as Live.

PS4 vs Xbone will be a much better comparison for this. Right now things will probably turn out the same (PS+ better value for money, Live better servers), but we will have to wait and see.

I'll go with the better servers, and in that, there's better value for my money. 

Nintendo Network free online

Club Nintendo free games you keep

Nintendo ftw

This is simple, party chat verse tonnes of great games for only the cost of a subscription. If you have PS3 then you have to get PS Plus, otherwise there are no similarities between PS3 PS Plus and 360 Live

@zekkyou

I didn't even see the 'Xbone' moniker... which I would love to argue with as it's certainly a diss... but really can't.
How they didn't see that coming is beyond me.
Fools.

Sevengen said:

I'll go with the better servers, and in that, there's better value for my money. 

Well everyone has their preference ^^ I personally don't think they are better by enough to justify the lacking value for money compared to PS+, but i don't tend to game online with consoles much. After playing online with PC for the last few years consoles just feel so sluggish and slow paced :/