By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - tired of the Live vs. PS+ debate!!

Sevengen said:
Normando said:
Sevengen said:
Normando said:
It's true that they are different. But PS+ is more than a rental service. You get 1Gb of cloud saving so you can access saved data on other PS3s, You get access to some pretty steep sales on PSN, and you get the full game trials that will let you play from where you left off if you decide to buy the game.

The other big difference is what you get for free on PS that you have to pay for with Live. If you have a 360 Live is pretty much a must. If you have a PS3 than PS+ is an add on that if you play a lot of games can pretty quickly pay for itself.

alright, caught your first post. 
the first paragraph, I'm totally with ya'. 
second paragraph... not so much, because you did what I just got done stating that fanboys do (not saying you are one.. completely)
I wasn't talking about PSN, so why bring it up.. oh that's right, this way you can say try and turn my initial post into something more resembling an argument that better suits your personal opinon.. not that of the OP. 

you wanna respond to someone opinion, then do that by keeping their opinion and whatever counter you have that directly relates to it as the sole focus of your reply. 
(feel like I'm talking to Nem here..)
It doesn't matter that PSN is free to game online while Live Gold charges a fee... that's not the issue that starts the thread, so it isn't the 'other' big difference, nowhere in my first post do I compare PSN with Gold. Nowhere. 
What's with you guys?

Well, your OP is talking about how you hate it when people compare PS+ to Xbox Live. I have never seen someone compare PS+ to Live without talking about PSN. Even in the article you complain about in the OP the guy talks about how PSN gives you things for free that you have to pay for with Live. So yes, you are right in saying that it doesn't make sense to compare Live to PS+ exclusively, but people don't really do that...I'm not really sure what made you start this thread in the first place actually.

Oh, and as far as being a "fanboy" goes. If you knew anything about my posting history on here you would know that although I prefere the PS3 to the 360, I have nothing against MS. Compared to you who posts almost exclusivley negitive things about Sony...

sure you have. These forums are littered with fanboy posts about what the PS+ subscription gives you (free games) compared to what the Xbox Gold subscription gives you (online play)
If you wanna sit there and tell me you've never come across those kinda statements, then you're simply lying and I'm not going to bother with you after this.

as far as the article goes, yes, the author brings up PSN in the very beginning, simply as routine and as a way to set up his main argument... which he specified in his title, his words; 'PS+ puts xbox live to shame"
he then spends the bulk of the article writing solely about those two services, which is what prompted me to start this thread. the article itself is just another lenghty, fanboy driven diatribe about the evils of xbox live gold, mistakenly using PS+ as the excuse to do so. 

Also, I pointed out that I wasn't calling you a fanboy. all you gotta do is read my man. it's right there to see. 
you and Nem should hang out sometime, you seem to have a lot in common.

No, not once have I seen someone compare Live to PS+ without bringing up what PSN gives you for free that you have to pay for with Live. Even in the example you give, free games vs. online play. The basis of the Xbox argument is that it's online playing service is worth paying for over the free service you get from PSN. Like I said even in the article you mention in the OP it talks about PSN in the begining and then later in the article he talks about Xbox keeping features behind a paywall when the competition doesn't, which is a direct comparison to PSN. Anytime you have a debate between PS+ and Live people are going to talk about the validity of paying for things like online and access to apps in one form or another becase it's one of the fudemental points of contention between the two fanbases. PSN is so deeply woven in the fabric of those arguments that even when you tried to give me an example of a PS+ vs. Live debate to support your argument it included PSN.

Ahh you see, you said "not saying you are one...completely". Lets not play coy.