By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steam Controller Demonstration Video

It looks good. I can see it being useful for browsing on a tv.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network
allblue said:
selnor1983 said:
EEEEWWWWW.

That looks ok for a strategy game. Looks horrible for almost all other genres.

I cant judge till I use it, but my thoughts at first aren't great. Would like to read some reviews on this.

Shooters/ strategy you name it, this controller will be leagues ahead of xbox/ps controllers interms of precision and responsiveness. If you think the thumbsticks/joypads on current console controllers are better than mouse and keyboard input, then you've never tried PC gaming.  

Yeah but this isn't a mouse, it's a trackpad.

Have you ever tried playing a shooter with a trackpad? It's horrible! Steam controller will probably work better than a laptop trackpad, but I doubt it'll be by enough.

allblue said:
selnor1983 said:
EEEEWWWWW.

That looks ok for a strategy game. Looks horrible for almost all other genres.

I cant judge till I use it, but my thoughts at first aren't great. Would like to read some reviews on this.

Shooters/ strategy you name it, this controller will be leagues ahead of xbox/ps controllers interms of precision and responsiveness. If you think the thumbsticks/joypads on current console controllers are better than mouse and keyboard input, then you've never tried PC gaming.  

Yea man I love keyboard and mouse like the next guy but this controller is laptop trackpads not a real mouse.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Looks perfect for rts and strategy games. Terrible for hack n' slash, TPS, platforming, and fighting games.

I am the Playstation Avenger.