By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gadget Show Live @ Christmas: PS4 is the most influential gadgets of 2013

TheKoreanGuy said:
kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:

Influential? In what way? Playstation 1 was influential, the iPod was influential. I don't think the playstation 4 is remotely influential.

beats by dre!?  Silly list. 

did you read the list?  it's broken out by years.  ps1 won 1995.  ps2 won 2002.  xbox 360 won 2005.  ps4 wins 2013.

Yes. I agree with ps1, ps2, 360. They brought something new. 

Ps4 does nothing new or groundbreaking IMO. 

What exactly did the ps2 do that was "new or groundbreaking"? All it did was dominate the market. Influential can mean many things.

it was the first system that could play movies.  Sony was doing the "take over the living room" thing long before 360 started doing Netflix.  CD playback with PS1 and DVD playback with PS2 were HUGE multimedia breakthroughs.  I find it funny that people like to gloss over that when discussing innovation or influence yet they are so quick to bring it up as a primary PS1 and 2 sales reason.  Sorry but it has to be one or the other people can't just take both of the negative views.  Not saying you've said this just in general.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

"2008 - Beats by Dr Dre".

*facepalm*

How the hell can't people see the PS4 is innovating by being the most powerfull console yet not being the most expensive one, this is a first guys they also made DRM and online passes a thing of the past. Sony is a shiny beacon of innovation stop hating

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.