By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom Really considering a RE 5 Wii?

I dont know...as muc as i love my wii, the only way that RE5 will make it on this console will be in a much dumbed down version..it then comes down to wether people are willing to accept that or not.

Having the three consoles, i dont think i will care all that much, for people exclusive to wii the question is, do you want the full gaming experience or would you be happy with a sort of "beta" version?

Around the Network
z101 said:
disolitude said:
@ClaudeLv250

To get RE5 on the wii, they would literally have to change every character's polygon count, decrease resolution to 480P, lower the amount of textures...a lot of work. The biggest issue with porting RE5 to wii (and there are many issues) is RAM. With all pistons firing Wii has 88 meg (24 video, 64 system). Thats not enough to port a first gen Xbox 360 game let alone a 3rd gen game. It would pause for load time every 8 seconds...

Think about that: When you reduce the polygons and resolution you need fewer RAM, so it would fit into the 88MB Wii-Ram. Every game made on the xbox could be made on the Wii as well, with reduced graphics quality but of course but better controls. No one who played RE4 on the Wii would get back to the old gamepad for the next episode.

And by the way. Decreasing resolution and texture-size is very easy. :)

I'm not saying its not possible, or even probable. I just don't remember of a game needing to get butchered this badly to work on a console since they ported Mortal Kombat 3 on Sega Genesis. I agree that controls for resident evil 4 work marginally better on the wii...but what can you do? Spend some money on console parts next time Nintendo! Don't just come up with a revolutionary idea and sit on your ass after that...

^what???? Who's winning now? The graphics are good enuff!!!!!

^Wii is demolishing others but we are not arguing that. Heck I bought it and have no regrets...
But we are arguing why RE5 and other graphics intensive games have to be downgraded for Wii.

"the graphics are good enough"...LOL...sounds a little like saying "shes not a looker but she has great personality".

Again, people over esitmate how dumbed down the Wii version would look. For all the power and differences that lie between the Wii and its competitors, the only real significant difference boils down to how polished the appearance of the game will be. Really basically all the 360 and PS3 do the Wii doesn't can't is lay on more texturing and high definition. Neither are insurmountable obstacles. A.I. can be overcome by remanaging the few scenarios in the game that would be too much to for the Wii to handle.

RE5 on the Wii would look fathoms better than RE4 and most likely any game we've seen yet. You people really are buying into the "Wii can't do this" hype a bit too much.

Every game that's been put on the Wii could have been done with better graphics on the 360/PS3 but must we insist that those games are a waste or dumbed down because of that fact? Why is a game that is being built to a higher standard first then being modified such an atrosity from which we'll never be able to appreciate the game? Are you worrying that your buying a second console to get the games Nintendo can't is looking like it might not be the 100% sound compromise?

If RE5 can't stand as a game after losing that fraction of a difference which seperates HD games from SD games then its not a game worth having on the 360 or PS3 either.

Again, the argument that RE5 shouldn't be on the Wii only has any validity if you assume it will only be on the Wii. If its still on the 360 and PS3, what the hell is the Harm.

Around the Network

To Capcom's credit, there may very well be elements in RE5 that CAN'T be done on the Wii. Maybe destructable environments, or some enhanced lighting effect. Maybe you have to fight 10 "El Gigantes" at once. Maybe huge sprawling environments and large cities that are central to the RE5 experience. Who knows. All we saw was a couple of trailers. There are definitely going to be suprises.

Capcom is trying to make money. If the Wii version is an option, they'll make a Wii version. Resident Evil 0 through Resident Evil 4 are on Nintendo consoles. Capcom loves the Wii. Wii just need to be patient.

thekitchensink said:
disolitude said:
thekitchensink said:
@Disolitude: They'd be foolish to do that--it would get horribly pwned by Left 4 Dead, a FAR superior game in a similar genre.

ZOMG! Why didn't I know this game existed? Screw MGS4 and Halo Wars, this is the big game this year...

Couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or completely deserved dumbstruckedness due to reading about the awesomeness of L4D

sorry, I missed this post. Yah, I am totally in awe for this game right now...top 3 anticipated games for 2008 for sure. 

Girl Gamer Elite said:

If its still on the 360 and PS3, what the hell is the Harm.

That the Wii version it's going to be the best by far, like RE 4 proved, and HD fanboys don't like that.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

If you're not playing RE5 with Wii controls, you're the one getting the dumbed down version of the game I'm afraid.

@Girl Gamer Elite, maybe my English is bad, but isn't it: Support_RE5_coming_to_the_WII, instead of "comming"?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo