By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can someone explain to me what use does a smartwatch even have? Cause i cant think of one use

I dont really get the concept, can someone try to tell what are the uses for such a device? a smartphone just seems, like better,a lot better and a lot more convient. Am I missing something here?

Around the Network

Just a silly thing for me...

I work in an office and have my phone on mute... its quite easy to miss a phone call just because i might not be looking/hearing the vibrate, so when my phone has a call, it vibrates my watch and shows me the caller id... thus i know i have a call and I can then decide if i should answer it.

It does other things, but that is my main reason for using one.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Panty Shots

Provided you get one with a camera that is...

Just imagine if he had a smartwatch right now...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It is a smartphone. Only its on your wrist. Mainly convenience. I actually read an article a few years back where the guy compared the evolution of the phone to that of the clock. I agreed with him then and this is why, its just easier to look at your wrist, then it is to pull your phone out. It'll be easier to feel it vibrate on your wrist than in your pocket. Less risk of breaking it by dropping it in water or onto concrete.

i mean, one advantage is you don't need pockets. so it is more convenient in that respect. i'll assume it cost less too although i haven't actually looked at prices. it could make for a better fashion statement if designed sexy enough as it would, again, not be in your pocket.

Around the Network

I don't really understand why smartwatches are a thing maybe I'm missing something but everything a smartwatch does a smart phone does better and is capable of doing more. Mostly everyone has a smart phone at this point and anyone that doesn't probably either cant afford one ( I'm assuming smartwatchs will be more expensive then smartphones so they wont buy one) or just don't care enough for it. Other then just sheer convenince I don't know why someone would want to buy one over a smart phone. Unless it is significantly cheaper then smartphones but I doubt that.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

You can cheat on a test?

Whats the point of a regular watch then, it has even less features and some can cost more than your smartphone =P

You can't see it now, but it will be hilarious seeing people wearing it in future nostalgia shows.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Its for people with big ass phones like the Galaxy Note 3.. Which are a pain to get in and out of your bag.. I'm serious.. I'm in Hong Kong right now and they are bundeling the Galaxy Gear Watch with the Note 3...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)