By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A sad day; Spurgeonryan has left. A message

So today, the plan has been activated. The most profilic poster this site has ever seen, Spurgeonryan, has left us for good. Below is the ban and the link:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/42707/spurgeonryan/

Banned (Expires: 9th Jul 10)

Permaban - Other (Requested ban. If you'd ever like to return, let us know. We'd be happy to do so. Good luck in whatever shenanigans you take on my good sir! I'll
take care of the 3DS while you're gone.) ~ Smeags

A sad day for the site indeed. He sent me a message a couple weeks ago, and now is the time to share it:

"Don't tell anyone. At 40000 posts I am shutting down the spurgeonryan profile. So I will announce you before that. You always are active with all the big games and

active in the nintendo community here. You have never wavered from your nintendo loyalty either. Not only that but you have stayed active on this site. No one will

expect you to do anything. I will just announce it in a thread. Most have already agreed anyways. So there should be no problem.

I feel we could have a great nintendo community here and hope you can do what you can to keep Nintendo at the top on this site.

Also. We were not online friends like pezus and I were, but I always respected you and thank you for all your wonderful posts and any time we have worked

together on this site. Like when the sales threads were suffering because no one wanted to post.

Good luck!"

I knew this was coming, but I still never expected this day to come. But here it is, and now it falls to me to continue to Nintendo community on this site. I'll endeavor to do this, and I hope that my multi-console background will give me a fair view on the site. However, now is not the time for that. Now is the time for morning.

Spurgeonryan- March 23rd, 2009- 10th October, 2013

Gone, but not forgotten (from the site)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Sad day, indeed. Other than pezus, we don't have anymore spammers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Who?

shush, he might read this and decide to come back.

bananaking21 said:

I doubt it. But he says he's "shutting down the account", not leaving...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

You think he won't be back within a week anyway? (If he isn't already on some other account)

When comes the sad part?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

While some of his threads are discussion worthy....

Mostly its just feels like....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

In all honestly, I'm sad. I left a message in Spurge's wall right when I logged in VGC today, because the first thing I saw was that he got banned.