By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DualShock 4 vs XBone Controller Review

While I have zero input as to which controller is better, the title of this thread shows the biasness of the OP.

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:

That can still hold true. My statement stands. For example If what early consumers and media are saying breeds true then it will add significant value to gameplay. Not just for racers, but FPS's TPS etc.

I notice when I play a game with no rumble. And thats the normal rumble. I can imagine trying a friends GT7 or something and missing the feedback ( I dont really have friends that buy wheels like me. ) So Im sure I'll notice it. Probably even get better laptimes on the new pads feedback with than without. In videogames your eye reference is often later than it should be to real life. Feedback allows you to react before your eyes tell you your slipping or locking up.  

You're really tiring too hard. First off, the ps3 controller is far superior to the xbox controller, you can argue set up all day long, but the specs don't lie. The sticks are of higher quality and make aiming in first person shooters quicker and more accurate. Second, the triggers on the xbox controller are over rated to begin with. Firing is done with the R1 and L1 (down sights) which is faster than pulling the 360 trigger. Not to mention the bumper buttons on the 360 controller are horrible along with the D pad.  The 360 controller is far from the best controller ever, and I don't see that changing this gen.

Now on to your rumble triggers. Who cares? You're making a big deal out of nothing. When the ps4 rumble is so advanced that it can make it seem like liquid is in side of it, what do you think it will do for a driving game? Besides I wouldn't play a sim racer without a wheel. I'd rather play something else if I couldn't set it up. But that's me. And as long as Forza wheel options are weak as it's always been and contuinus to be, it will always play second fiddle to GT. Not letting users use the wheel they already have is a big mistake. 

I just don't think that I'll ever get used to the positioning of the left analog stick on the DualShock controller.

On another note, Killer Instinct looks A LOT BETTER than it did at E3.

On another another note, I really get pissed off when people call it Xbone. Almost as pissed off as I get when I think of the fact that Microsoft named it Xbox One.

BuckStud said:

While I have zero input as to which controller is better, the title of this thread shows the biasness of the OP.

Is this about him calling the XBONE the XBONE?

Is it biased to call the PS4 the PS4 too?

Mmmfishtacos said:
selnor1983 said:

That can still hold true. My statement stands. For example If what early consumers and media are saying breeds true then it will add significant value to gameplay. Not just for racers, but FPS's TPS etc.

I notice when I play a game with no rumble. And thats the normal rumble. I can imagine trying a friends GT7 or something and missing the feedback ( I dont really have friends that buy wheels like me. ) So Im sure I'll notice it. Probably even get better laptimes on the new pads feedback with than without. In videogames your eye reference is often later than it should be to real life. Feedback allows you to react before your eyes tell you your slipping or locking up.  

You're really tiring too hard. First off, the ps3 controller is far superior to the xbox controller, you can argue set up all day long, but the specs don't lie. The sticks are of higher quality and make aiming in first person shooters quicker and more accurate. Second, the triggers on the xbox controller are over rated to begin with. Firing is done with the R1 and L1 (down sights) which is faster than pulling the 360 trigger. Not to mention the bumper buttons on the 360 controller are horrible along with the D pad.  The 360 controller is far from the best controller ever, and I don't see that changing this gen.

Now on to your rumble triggers. Who cares? You're making a big deal out of nothing. When the ps4 rumble is so advanced that it can make it seem like liquid is in side of it, what do you think it will do for a driving game? Besides I wouldn't play a sim racer without a wheel. I'd rather play something else if I couldn't set it up. But that's me. And as long as Forza wheel options are weak as it's always been and contuinus to be, it will always play second fiddle to GT. Not letting users use the wheel they already have is a big mistake. 

Thats great. Your aloud your opinon. But the general concesses is the 360 controller is superior to the ps3 controller. In every way apart from the Dpad.

"Where do you go when you've already produced the best? That must have been the problem facing Microsoft when it came to designing a new controller for the Xbox One.

All but the most stalwart PlayStation fans would admit that the 360 controller is more ergonomic, more responsive and more accurate than the still very usable Dual Shock 3, and it's no surprise that it's become the choice of controller for most PC users too. When Nintendo came to design the Pro controller for Wii U, it was Microsoft's controller that it took its inspiration from."

http://www.trustedreviews.com/xbox-one-controller_Games-Accessory_review

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
selnor1983 said:

Thats great. Your aloud your opinon. But the general concesses is the 360 controller is superior to the ps3 controller. In every way apart from the Dpad.

"Where do you go when you've already produced the best? That must have been the problem facing Microsoft when it came to designing a new controller for the Xbox One.

All but the most stalwart PlayStation fans would admit that the 360 controller is more ergonomic, more responsive and more accurate than the still very usable Dual Shock 3, and it's no surprise that it's become the choice of controller for most PC users too. When Nintendo came to design the Pro controller for Wii U, it was Microsoft's controller that it took its inspiration from."

Baseless "facts" will get you know where. I guess the fans are much like MS, the more they repeat it the more the believe it. Fact the ps3 controller has higher specs than the xbox controller, allowing for higher accuracy with the sticks, don’t believe me. Google it. Looking around on forums will tell you that that isn’t even close the general consensus.

The only reason it the better choice for pc users is because it's officially supported. Nothing more. If given an official option many would change. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Considering the ps4 controller is plug and play now. 

Ergonomic? You mean forcing you to hold a controller is a certain way? Yeah, not ergonomic to me, the good thing about the ps3 controller is it doesn’t do that and you can change stances for the game genre you’re playing. And I feel complaints come from holding it the way a person would a 360 controller. Which you shouldn't do with a ps3 controller.

Oh look guys another thread where xbox supporters support the xbox and PS supporters support the PS ...

Mmmfishtacos said:
selnor1983 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
selnor1983 said:

Baseless "facts" will get you know where. I guess the fans are much like MS, the more they repeat it the more the believe it. Fact the ps3 controller has higher specs than the xbox controller, allowing for higher accuracy with the sticks, don’t believe me. Google it. Looking around on forums will tell you that that isn’t even close the general consensus.

The only reason it the better choice for pc users is because it's officially supported. Nothing more. If given an official option many would change. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Considering the ps4 controller is plug and play now. 

Ergonomic? You mean forcing you to hold a controller is a certain way? Yeah, not ergonomic to me, the good thing about the ps3 controller is it doesn’t do that and you can change stances for the game genre you’re playing. And I feel complaints come from holding it the way a person would a 360 controller. Which you shouldn't do with a ps3 controller.

Why would the media or gamers need to google anything?

I have used my DS3 to play and finish my PS3 games. PSN ID Selnor1983.

Its laggier, the analogs are less resposive/accurate and its palm prongs are way to small. Triggers are an ergonomical nightmare and the spongy face buttons are lacking. Its still usable yes, but after the responsive use of the 360 controller its so apparant.

Theres a reason you can buy several 3rd party products to use a 360 controller on your Playstation 3.

I bought the following option after awhile for my PS3. The best IMO of about 10 options.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XBOX-360-Controller-Adaptor-PS3/dp/B002IXUSN6

And further

"Ask me what my favourite games controller of all time is and I'll almost certainly point you towards the Nintendo Gamecube's Wavebird. The GameCube controller certainly had its issues -- a dodgy C-stick and that tiny little Z shoulder button to name but two -- but in terms of ergonomics, it made my hands the happiest they've ever been. When Nintendo brought out the Wavebird, my palms reached nirvana. It was heavier, felt sturdier, and it was seamless in its wireless connectivity. It was pure comfort and thus an absolute joy to hold.

Then Microsoft made it better.

The Xbox 360 controller decided this generation battle for me, that and the fact that Microsoft's console arrived earlier and proved cheaper than the PS3. And though I love my PS3 dearly for its superior collection of diverse exclusives, I've always found the DualShock controller to be abhorrent. The thumb sticks are the wrong places, it feels squashed and lightweight, and playing on it with my giant mitts for long periods of time results in an imagined sensation of bone deformation. The DS4 is a definite improvement, however, But the Xbox One controller might be in another league in terms of comfort. It's smaller than the Xbox 360's game pad, sitting in the hands the way that Ubisoft's limited edition Ghost Recon Future Soldier pad did, albeit without the mesh grips (more on that in a bit). But the shape is still incredibly pleasing."

http://www.dealspwn.com/tag/xbox-one-controller

wow, an Xbox fan is upset and whining that the DS4 is getting better reviews then the Xbone controller, colour me not surprised..

Blood_Tears said:
wow, an Xbox fan is upset and whining that the DS4 is getting better reviews then the Xbone controller, colour me not surprised..

Dude Ive posted 4 different reviews in this thread from trusted ACTUAL media sources who clearly say Xbox One.