By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - JESUS WAS A GOVERNMENT PLOT: Confirmed says Joseph Atwill

It is better not to get into any religious argument if you don't believe in an ones belief. It just creates more fuss or worst, senseless killing to fellow human being.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
dsgrue3 said:

I don't hate the "ill" my good man, I simply wish not to become it. I wish them well, much like Jesus.

That's great just dont call out someone on their ''bigotry'' when yours is sickeningly obvious

I don't think you understand what the word bigotry means. I have no animosity toward religious people, I have animosity toward religion itself. 

Futhermore, I might wish to wash my hands after encountering someone with influenza - that does not make me bigoted. 

There really is no logic to be found in your argument. I sincerely tried to find it, but continually am disappointed.

Bookmarking for future reference

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Kane1389 said:
DarkD said:
Too many people who either haven't even read the post fully, dismissed it, or don't know what they are talking about.

The claim here is simple, the proofs that christian scholars have been using to prove Jesus lived, was actually fabricated and introduced as a new religion to a uneducated mass. According to the article, this guy is going to debate it with professionals from the religious community, the fact that he's doing that debunks pretty much all of the crap in the posts above.

Whether it holds water should be proven upon further scrutiny in the debate the guy mentioned when actual professionals will argue with him.

Except that i provided historical refrences made by non christian hisotirans and scholars. In the time of Nero, if anything, these scholars despised christianity and christians

Meaningless, it happened how long ago?  Maybe rome wasn't united in its opinion of creating a religion like Christianity.  Maybe some passionate zealots from the other religions hated the idea while the monarchy created the religion in secret.  If Christianity was a political tool then it stands to reason that no one found out about it.  Politics everywhere is so twisted, especially in those times when they could simply burn all the evidence and restrict information so easily.  

dsgrue3 said:
Kane1389 said:
dsgrue3 said:

I don't hate the "ill" my good man, I simply wish not to become it. I wish them well, much like Jesus.

That's great just dont call out someone on their ''bigotry'' when yours is sickeningly obvious

I don't think you understand what the word bigotry means. I have no animosity toward religious people, I have animosity toward religion itself. 

Futhermore, I might wish to wash my hands after encountering someone with influenza - that does not make me bigoted. 

There really is no logic to be found in your argument. I sincerely tried to find it, but continually am disappointed.

Except that your quote clealry says a religious person, not religion itself. And ''hand washing'' implies that they are diseased, disgusting, repulsive people for  having different opinion and one feels the need to clean himself after coming into contact with a religious person as if his beliefs make him like a leper or something like that.  Thats some nazi-level pejorative right ther, and the fact that you are trying to defend it tells a lot about what kind of person you really are. It makes you wonder what would happen if people like you had any kind of power or influence in the world. Oh wait, I have a pretty  good idea

Around the Network
DarkD said:
Kane1389 said:
DarkD said:
Too many people who either haven't even read the post fully, dismissed it, or don't know what they are talking about.

The claim here is simple, the proofs that christian scholars have been using to prove Jesus lived, was actually fabricated and introduced as a new religion to a uneducated mass. According to the article, this guy is going to debate it with professionals from the religious community, the fact that he's doing that debunks pretty much all of the crap in the posts above.

Whether it holds water should be proven upon further scrutiny in the debate the guy mentioned when actual professionals will argue with him.

Except that i provided historical refrences made by non christian hisotirans and scholars. In the time of Nero, if anything, these scholars despised christianity and christians

Meaningless, it happened how long ago?

Uhh...what? Tacitus was born 25 years after Christ's death, his date/age help his authenticity, not debunk it.  Would you rather have a scholar born in 1980's wirte about hisotricty of Jesus?

Maybe rome wasn't united in its opinion of creating a religion like Christianity.  Maybe some passionate zealots from the other religions hated the idea while the monarchy created the religion in secret.  If Christianity was a political tool then it stands to reason that no one found out about it.  Politics everywhere is so twisted, especially in those times when they could simply burn all the evidence and restrict information so easily.  

Oh so it was all a giant big conspiracy, I get it

Kane1389 said:
DarkD said:
Kane1389 said:
DarkD said:

Meaningless, it happened how long ago?

Uhh...what? Tacitus was born 25 years after Christ's death, his date/age help his authenticity, not debunk it.  Would you rather have a scholar born in 1980's wirte about hisotricty of Jesus?

Maybe rome wasn't united in its opinion of creating a religion like Christianity.  Maybe some passionate zealots from the other religions hated the idea while the monarchy created the religion in secret.  If Christianity was a political tool then it stands to reason that no one found out about it.  Politics everywhere is so twisted, especially in those times when they could simply burn all the evidence and restrict information so easily.  

Oh so it was all a giant big conspiracy, I get it

Isn't "a giant big conspiracy" exactly what the original post is claiming here?  As far as the date goes, im just saying "We weren't there, there are a thousand angles a conspiracy would have played out from.  Things go wrong in conspiracies and they do patchwork fixes on the fly.  Looking at it from 2000 years in the future is ridiculous.  "

Until now I honestly thought that there wasn't any room to doubt that a man called Jesus lived 2000 years ago. whether he talked to god was completely up in the air, but I thought we were certain of at least the man being there.  Now someone has given me an argument that I haven't heard disproven yet that leaves doubt in my mind.  

What we should be doing here is discussing exactly how questionable or reliable this theory is.  The author with reputation X who has written A, B, and C has ____ credibility and his argument is based off of X, Y, and Z however Z might just be a fake.  Something along those lines.  

Kane1389 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Except that your quote clealry says a religious person, not religion itself. And ''hand washing'' implies that they are diseased, disgusting, repulsive people for  having different opinion and one feels the need to clean himself after coming into contact with a religious person as if his beliefs make him like a leper or something like that.  Thats some nazi-level pejorative right ther, and the fact that you are trying to defend it tells a lot about what kind of person you really are. It makes you wonder what would happen if people like you had any kind of power or influence in the world. Oh wait, I have a pretty  good idea

Right, because they are "sick" and I wish not to "catch" it. That's not their fault, they simply caught "the bug" from years of indoctrination. Just as someone with influenza isn't at fault, or dirty, or whatever you said (hilarious stuff btw), but I certainly don't wish to contract it.

You refuse to understand my position, because you initially took offense for no reason. None is intended. 

PS: Learn the difference between Communism (a gov't system) and Antitheism (the concept that religion is bad) and then slap yourself in the face for conflating entirely different concepts.

ListerOfSmeg said:
DevilRising said:
Even if they could prove this without a shadow of a doubt, just like if they could prove with rock solid evidence that Mohammed was a fraud, it wouldn't matter at this point in time. There are too many strong believers who would continue to believe no matter what you told or showed to them.

Spirituality is healthy for humanity. Religion is a disease.

Ignoranceand intolerence are the true diseases

You certainly have a point there. But sadly, monotheistic religions seem to have spread those two things more than probably anything else in the entirety of human history. Not hyperbole, sadly, but facts.

marioboy2004 said:
Why would the government fabricate a person Jesus who would start a religion Catholicism that would in many ways stand in the way of the governments rule (abortion, same sex marriage, communism, etc)..not very logical ain't it?

Because it's far easier to command people's obedience and loyalty through fanatical religious ties than it is through political means or national pride, or even fear of death. Threatening to kill someone if they don't do what you want is one thing. Telling them even when they die they're fucked in the afterlife is quite another. Look it up, it's history, it worked quite sickeningly well. Still is.