By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prelim Data: Smash ~1.25 million LTD, DMC4 ~290k

Wow! Brawl could beat Melee in Japan by the end of next week!

Around the Network

Congrats to SSBB...but I'm truly not surprised anymore...(nothing from Nintendo even makes me blink my eyes anymore, lol)

But Wow! DMC4 has surprised me...it is doing great in Japan...much better than I thought it would. It just proves that ps3 owners (in Japan) WILL buy software when they get what they want. DMC3 sold 234,374 copies in two weeks with a much larger install base (which I realize isn't everything...but it does effect attach rates)....now DMC4 sells 290,000 in two weeks.

The lifetime sales of DMC3 in Japan are around 350,000...DMC4 will break that in 1-2 weeks probably. That is truly crazy...3-4 weeks to pass DMC3's lifetime sales in Japan. Will Battle Field Valkyrie & Yakuza 3 do better than expected too? Will MGS4 do as well as DMC4 did in Japan?

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Can't will to make SSBB sales grow from one unit...

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

GOGO SMASH!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Stever89 said:

I don't know shams... Melee only did 1.4 million or close to that on a userbase of 4 million. 3 million I think might be pushing it. I'd say closer to 2... maybe in the very long run, but not within the next few weeks for sure. Or I may be crazy. Melee sold the majority of its units in the first few weeks, though of course the GC was a dead bird in Japan, so it didn't really have the expanding userbase to support long legs. We'll have to see.

Edit: when I say "in the long run" i was referring to brawl getting to 3 million, not my prediction of 2 million. Brawl should hit 2 million by the end of the year at least. I hope.

I would say you can only compare across the same console/generation. Maybe extrapolate attach rates or something like that between generations.

People buy consoles + games together (can't have one without the other). So even if Melee was better than Brawl, in the eyes of people the GC is worse than the Wii.

I think Brawl will hit 2m (in Japan) by around the start of March (say 4 weeks from now): 250k, 170, 120k, 80k (should take it to approx 2m). 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

@ shams

The special edition was a re-release of the same game but with tons of extras and an entirely new difficulty.

So I guess you count that, but should you count the 360 version?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i hope it outsells halo3 but either way its goin great

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

I daresay this preliminary data is quite...

Smashing.

Brawl is an amazing game with amazing sales

nice on SSBB even tho we allnew it was gonna be a monster and DMC series was never a huge seller so this is awesome. MGS4 will make numbers tho really good ones.