By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Cage: No one should be allowed to define what a game is

impertinence said:

Max King of the Wild said:

Portal 2, Angry Birds, Walking Dead fail to meet challenge and interactivity. They must not be games

I don't know about Walking Dead, but the other two examples show that you do not understand the concept of what makes something a game or not. In general though, you are right that there are probably quite a few fringe cases where video games are not really games per say. I am not going to pretend that the border between games and art are absolute.

LOL... i just used your poor criteria. Portal 2 requires 3 buttons and if you die you just respawn in the same easy puzzle just to retry. Portal 2 was especially simplistic and easy. Angry birds you pull back on a sling shot at and angle and let go.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Low scores are the fault of the reviewers.

I think it's low scores are a failure of the game reviewer.

EspadaGrim said:
the_dengle said:

You're right, I had one job and I blew it.

Shows how much I care about the things that come out of this guy's mouth though.

the_dengle said:
EspadaGrim said:
the_dengle said:

You're right, I had one job and I blew it.

Shows how much I care about the things that come out of this guy's mouth though.

David cage is garbage and is so full of himself.

Azerth said:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/2840/2496288-beyond-two-souls_2013_06-11-13_020.jpg

So if thats not a gun what is it?

Oh I can say wwhata game is to me cuz its my opinion

Wow... what the fuck are you even talking about? Not like you will play the game to know what its like but you are clearly talking from your rear right niow

It was joke since during the dudes rant he says " yes she's a woman and no she doesn't have a gun". but as u can see in the pic she has a gun

Yes he was reffering to it not being like cod I know

Around the Network

I surely hope that no one/thing should be able to define what game is, because if this was the case David Cage would be rolling out the Red Carpet for the yearly Oscar Awards.

LOL... i just used your poor criteria. Portal 2 requires 3 buttons and if you die you just respawn in the same easy puzzle just to retry. Portal 2 was especially simplistic and easy. Angry birds you pull back on a sling shot at and angle and let go.

Portal simplistic? Please I would like you to elaborate on this.

Nintendo and PC gamer

impertinence said:

Portal 2, Angry Birds, Walking Dead fail to meet challenge and interactivity. They must not be games

I don't know about Walking Dead, but the other two examples show that you do not understand the concept of what makes something a game or not. In general though, you are right that there are probably quite a few fringe cases where video games are not really games per say. I am not going to pretend that the border between games and art are absolute.

If you think that Angry Birds has no challange, you clearly haven't played much of it. It gets very challanging especially if you try to 3 star each level.

osed125 said:

Portal simplistic? Please I would like you to elaborate on this.

Really? Let me put it this way. I did 9 stages in co-op by myself to get still alive trophy in less than 20 minutes. thats with 4 portals. single player is a lot more simplistic. None of the stages are very complicated and can be beaten in about 7 hours. Soduku gets more challenging than Portal 2 ever was

WiiBox3 said:
impertinence said:

If you think that Angry Birds has no challange, you clearly haven't played much of it. It gets very challanging especially if you try to 3 star each level.

I played it on my phone and i played quite a bit. It reallly wasn't ever challenging. Though, I admit i didnt play every level. At least half though