By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's not buying a Ps 4 or Xbox One this holiday? Why not?

buyin' a 4BONE?

Yeah! 71 20.52%

Nope! 274 79.19%

Total:345

Thank you for reminding me that I have no money to buy any new console this coming holiday :D

Around the Network

Cost of games, £50 is too much, when shops reduce this cost to £40, then we'll see about getting a new console.

Of course I'll probably buy them at £25.

Hmm, pie.

I have preordered a ps4 (before the supposed cutoff point, or so I was told at the time )but am having serious second thoughts.
I didn't realise that the damn machine wasn't backwards compatible until a few weeks back and half the reason i wanted one right away was to replace my dying ps3, otherwise I might as well wait (I have a pretty big backlog of ps3 games I have yet to play)
Plus the launch lineup doesn't exactly blow me away. The only exclusive game that looks like my bag
is Knack and I doubt it's worth buying a console for.
Plus I already own a wii u and I have a 3ds and there are a few things coming out for em around the same time, so I may end up holding off for a while just cos of that. I have no doubt I will purchase a ps4 within a year (If I don't end up getting at launch) but right now I honestly don't see the rush

Naaah. December/Jan I'm going scuba diving and surfing and awesome holiday things will be happening. Plus buying a console at launch can be rather disappointing. I suppose I'll get a PS4 around March next year. There's no rush.

No.
Lack of money, time and interest are the main reasons.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

I'm not getting any of them. The games arent appealing to me. When FF 15 or X or Zelda u are coming out im buying a next gen system.

Yes, i called the Wii u a next gen system.

I'm not getting either this year because of a few things. The primary is money I don't have enough to buy them yet. And there are too few titles that I like on them. Most titles that are being released for them are also for the 360/PS3 which I do have. Also I have already bought a Wii U and there are some good titles coming out for it that I haven't been able to buy, and some that I want to buy in the next few months. So I really am set in terms of gaming until the new console come down in price.

So it is basically a money thing. I don't think I'm alone on this considering there are two surveys on who will buying a new console at launch and they both have very low numbers of people willing to make the jump. (Reuters has published the latest on)

I´m not buying them. They´re too pricey and the lack of backwards compatibility really hurts.
By now, my PC and WiiU are enough to fill my gaming needs. And I still can always play my nephews´ Xbox360.

I may get the Ps4 in the future, but only when the hardware price drops and it gets some exclusive good stuff.

Not me. Got a Wii U plus a backlog like you wouldn't believe, and too little time to play it all.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Me. Because i only buy Nintendo stuff at launch. Maybe in 5 years or so...still doubtful