By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you want Nintendo to do more 2D games or 3D?

cbarroso09 said:
WiiBox3 said:
I just wish they could increase the number of internal studios they have that pump out high quality innovative games. Nintendo makes some of the best games, but I always feel like I am waiting for the ones I want. I know personal problem, but I would love for them to increase the amount of Nintendo magic that is produced.

everything has a limit, and it has been proven than the bigger the company the less quality products it produce!

This may be true, but I can wish. :P But then again, look at how much quality content Sony pumps out.

Around the Network

3D. But also 2D Marios. Not New, but more like SMB3 or SMW.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

more 3D games, thank you

I actually like that they still make 2D games. Its very smart in wich it gives them 2 versions of their popular franchises.

The new 2D zelda is a good example of this for me. I never imagined i would play something like that. I like the 3D zelda, but the 2D take is something i wasnt familiar with and i like it (after giving a link to the past a bit of a go).

3D with cell shading making it look like a 2D drawing.
More paper mario please.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
MTZehvor said:
Depends on what kind of game it is. If it's a Metroid, Fire Emblem, or DK title, for instance, I'd prefer 2D on handhelds and 3D left to the consoles. If it's Mario, Star Fox, or Zelda, I'd prefer 3D across the board.

Yeah, I never liked any of the 2D Starfox games either.

You never know when Nintendo will do something crazy. :p

Both. and I want the 2d ones to actually be 2d i.e sprites only. 2.5d seems somewhat slow and we could use a full sprite game after so many 2.5d.

More 3D titles please....