By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii60 or PSWii?

I've owned both a ps3 and a 360 since their respective launches---camped out freezing all night for both! (and met some really cool people in the process!)

I like both consoles too (and you'd probably be happy with both)....but if I had to pick one...I'd pick the ps3.

3 main reasons---

1. Blu-ray is gorgeous & the ps3 upscales normal DVD's
2. PS3 doesn't have RRoD
3. I like the exclusives for the ps3 better than the exclusives for the 360 (I'd die w/o FF) and that is PURE PERSONAL PREFERENCE--obviously, many feel differently.

Eitherway, maybe you should wait until GDC is over and make sure nobody has anything happen to make you regret an early decision. (like a Shadow of the Colossus or Halo 4 announcement) Just a thought.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
Entroper said:
Fumanchu said:
These threads are pointless - you've clearly already made up your mind.

You're asking one of us to act like we're on the MS payroll and list all of the 360's selling features off the back of the box verbatim??

You're on a videogame forum (having posted 2000 times) and want to play ignorant as if you don't know what each console offers? Clearly there's nothing anyone can say to convert you, because you already know everything.

Please show me where it says in my post "please list all of the 360's selling features off the back of the box verbatim."

Clearly, I haven't already made up my mind.  I've already changed my mind once, and I want to be sure of my reasoning.  One good way to do that is to see what other people with different experiences from my own have to say about it.  I wouldn't be asking for advice if I had already made up my mind.

I don't pretend to know everything, and the 360 is actually the console that I know the least about from this generation.  So how about we step off of the jump to conclusions mat and have a discussion about it?

ROFLZ!!

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Pick whichever your friends have more of. The only reason why I got a 360 instead of a ps3 was because everyone has a 360 and I wouldn't want to be the odd ball.

PSWii since day 1

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Entroper said:
Fumanchu said:
These threads are pointless - you've clearly already made up your mind.

You're asking one of us to act like we're on the MS payroll and list all of the 360's selling features off the back of the box verbatim??

You're on a videogame forum (having posted 2000 times) and want to play ignorant as if you don't know what each console offers? Clearly there's nothing anyone can say to convert you, because you already know everything.

Please show me where it says in my post "please list all of the 360's selling features off the back of the box verbatim."

Clearly, I haven't already made up my mind.  I've already changed my mind once, and I want to be sure of my reasoning.  One good way to do that is to see what other people with different experiences from my own have to say about it.  I wouldn't be asking for advice if I had already made up my mind.

I don't pretend to know everything, and the 360 is actually the console that I know the least about from this generation.  So how about we step off of the jump to conclusions mat and have a discussion about it?

Ok I concede I might have...as you so elequantely put it 'jumped to conclusions' there - but you sounding giddy about the prospect of programming for the cell pretty much sold me. 

In all seriousness, would a handful of biased favourable reviews on the 360 really sway you to change your mind? These threads are about as helpful as appearing on Jerry Springer to solve your problems...

I make it no mystery that I prefer the 360, but I despise sounding like a fanboy and I'm not some free marketing personnel for MS, so I'll just leave it at I prefer the games so far.

Around the Network

Which games? 360 games are not something I'm well-versed in. It should be noted that there aren't that many PS3 games that have caught my fancy yet, either.

ssj12 said:
go with PSwii and eventually go PSwii60

Agreed, i'd get a PSWii (Well, that's what i got ^^)

Definitely PSWii. Im not that big into Egoshooters and would really like to play the new final fantasy and MGS4.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.