By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How about WiiC? (Wii + PC)

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

For me PS has nothing to offer to me outside of Warhawk.

I dont care about FPS's or GT. Blu Ray sucks ass, its expensive and if I bought movies on it I would be the only one with a Blu Ray player. I will get a PS3 3-5 years down the line but not now.

I like a some of the games coming out for XBOX and don't want to worry about pimping out my computer everytime a port of a XBOX game comes out(think about potential system requirements for Gears of War 2). It is always good to have an updated computer but spending hundreds a year sucks. I would also hate to wait an extrayear to 3 years for a port to come over to the PC for a great game.

You say that "Several of the games I'm interested in on the 360 are available for PC (with the exception of Halo) or similar titles will be available for PS3 (Forza, GT -- and with GT, I already have a Logitech Driving Force Pro, not compatible with Forza)."

Well saying there are similar titles is dumb as there are plenty of games on both systems that are similar to eachother on PS3/XBOX/PC.

If you want a PS3 I would buy one soon for the BC cause you may never have a chance at it again.

With that said I would wait till GTA time to see if any price drops occur as it has been rumored.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

makingmusic476 said:
Since you already have a PC, PSWii would suite you best, imo. Most 360 games can be found on either the ps3 or pc, and of the exclusives that are out there, many will inevitably end up on the pc down the road (Mass Effect, Halo 3. Hell, Gears of War is even on Macs). Some exclusives will also hit the ps3 down the line (like Eternal Sonata). In the end, the 360 won't be left with much that you couldn't get on another platform.

If you didn't have the pc, then I'd definitely say it's more a matter of gaming taste. However, in the long run the ps3 will have more exclusives, because of SCE Worldwide Studios, as well as various 2nd party devs like Insomniac. Sony's in-house development teams are quite a force to be reckoned with. They beat out even Nintendo in quantity (though obviously not in quality).

=D Insomniac is probably the main reason I got my PS3. If I had to choose another console, I'd take the Wii, because like others have said, many of the 360 exclusives end up on the PC.

Im a PS360 man myself. I got a Wii, but dont use it really.

But in your position, I'd go PSWii

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

These threads are pointless - you've clearly already made up your mind.

You're asking one of us to act like we're on the MS payroll and list all of the 360's selling features off the back of the box verbatim??

You're on a videogame forum (having posted 2000 times) and want to play ignorant as if you don't know what each console offers? Clearly there's nothing anyone can say to convert you, because you already know everything.

Around the Network

PSWii.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

Fumanchu said:
These threads are pointless - you've clearly already made up your mind.

You're asking one of us to act like we're on the MS payroll and list all of the 360's selling features off the back of the box verbatim??

You're on a videogame forum (having posted 2000 times) and want to play ignorant as if you don't know what each console offers? Clearly there's nothing anyone can say to convert you, because you already know everything.

Please show me where it says in my post "please list all of the 360's selling features off the back of the box verbatim."

Clearly, I haven't already made up my mind.  I've already changed my mind once, and I want to be sure of my reasoning.  One good way to do that is to see what other people with different experiences from my own have to say about it.  I wouldn't be asking for advice if I had already made up my mind.

I don't pretend to know everything, and the 360 is actually the console that I know the least about from this generation.  So how about we step off of the jump to conclusions mat and have a discussion about it?

PSwii FTW

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

weird how people offer their own circumstances that no way affects your decision.

"Wii60. If the ps3 ever gets to a price point that I would consider than I would get it but not right now."
"pswii, mgs4 and ffxiii are way more appealing to me than halo 3 or gow"
"Wii60... and my bro has a PS3 so technically all are accessible to me haha."

Id suggest going with the PSwii combo, since the ps3 seems to offer you a lot more things that youre interested in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

madskillz said:
Wii360. I have all three, but the 360 offers a much better gaming lineup right now than the PS3, an organized online experience

He doesnt seem to be willing to pay for that online experience

madskillz said:

Another few other drawbacks to the PS3 is the insane install times and the lack of upconversion over component cables. With the 360, you download the demos and downloadable content and go. With the PS3, you have to install that crap - and it takes up hard drive space. As far as the lack of upconversion - it does upconvert SDVDs over HDMI, but not over component. That bites.

I agree, I had a friend come over with Ninja gaiden sigma one time and the install time was crazy long(it is optional though). though installing demos isnt that bad. A 1 gb demo could be installed somewhere around 2 mins.

madskillz said:
All that said, you won't be unhappy either way, but the 360 consistently outperforms the PS3 hands down. Yes, developers are starting to figure it out, and it will likely win big in this generation, but the machine is no PS2 and I don't dig buying into potential one bit.

I had a Wii360 setup for a long time until I found a PS3 with full BC. Now, I still find myself playing the Wii360 more than the PS3. It's a good machine, but I fail to see the awesomeness with the PS3 right now (I have Resistance, Motorstorm and a few other titles, btw).

the 360 doesnt consistently outperform the ps3.
Oblivion? COD4? Burnout? DMC4?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?