By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with Microsoft?

Wright said:

Just to let you know, the Xbox 360 has always had, at least, two exclusives per year without counting Kinect games. It happen in 2013. It will happen again in 2014. I don't know why this obsession on pointing out "no support" or "the console is dry", because those are blatantly lies.

If you're more confortable with Ps3's offering, good for you. But saying the 360 has no support, well, I'm afraid you're wrong. :P

I'm not saying that the support is bad and all but I just think that microsoft could have pulled more off on their part to beat the PS3. In fact I think the support could be decent for all I know. 

Around the Network

How can you say about the same for the PS3 when its currently in sixth place when it comes to software to console ratio and miles behind when it comes to both digital sales and overall digital content.

Chris Hu said:

How can you say about the same for the PS3 when its currently in sixth place when it comes to software to console ratio and miles behind when it comes to both digital sales and overall digital content.

Like i said, the PS3 can sell with less software and more quality consistent software to boot. That is how gamers found the PS3 more valuable than the 360.

It's not hard math y'know. PS3 sales > 360 sales :P

It isn't hard to figure out that sofware sales are more important then hardware sales well most people that think logical do anyway.

fatslob-:O said:
Chris Hu said:

Like i said, the PS3 can sell with less software and more quality consistent software to boot. That is how gamers found the PS3 more valuable than the 360.

It's not hard math y'know. PS3 sales > 360 sales :P

Software sales > hardware sales :p

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

You are aware that the 360 still has a 82.38 million lead when it comes to physical software sold and when it comes to digital content the gap is even bigger since the 360 has sold more digital content then all other home and handheld consoles combined.

You are aware that you are comparing sales totals when one has 12 to 18 months worth of software additional sales?

The argument is a stupid one, mobile and PC decimates consoles for digital sales, too, but does that have anything to do with the topic?, no.

Pos Platform North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1 PlayStation 2 (PS2) 658.26 563.77 222.60 217.32 1,661.95
2 PlayStation (PS) 357.97 280.90 244.10 79.04 962.01
3 Wii (Wii) 467.87 240.11 68.60 116.45 893.03
4 Xbox 360 (X360) 490.98 206.30 12.39 102.14 811.81
5 Nintendo DS (DS) 363.43 179.00 178.51 79.46 800.40
6 PlayStation 3 (PS3) 308.08 224.10 62.23 135.02 729.43

this graph tells me some people are not thinking logically

"You are aware that you are comparing sales totals when one has 12 to 18 months worth of software additional sales?"

that gap is bigger then 18 months more, point is moot

about software and hardware sales. both are a priority without an instalbase you can't sell games. and games make you money but also developers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

So i'm guessing the 360 was more successful than DS ?

No, just no this doesn't make any sense. This is why I opted that we count hardware sales instead to show the system's true worth.

I don't think they quite have the passion for gaming as SONY and Nintendo do. Where Ninty and sony know their fanbase and knows what they want. Microsft tries to lead for their own example that their followers may not adopt.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

fatslob-:O said:
So i'm guessing the 360 was more successful than DS ?

No, just no this doesn't make any sense. This is why I opted that we count hardware sales instead to show the system's true worth.

Was??? You mean is, the DS is pretty much dead and again software>hardware and by the time the 360 is no longer in production the gap is going to be even greater.