By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with Microsoft?

Lets pretend for a second that your "MS abandoned the 360" theory is true (it isn't, but lets pretend). How is that the reason the PS3 ended up outselling it? Since the very day the PS3 launched it was on pace to outsell the 360.

That said, I don't have an issue with a company pushing games back for a new console. I wish Sony held GT6 off for PS4. And I am glad Ryse was changed.

Around the Network

How exactly is fully supporting a console for 8 years now considered "pulling the plug"? Show me one other home console in the history of gaming that lasted that long before being replaced by its successor. You'd have to go back to the original Game Boy the last time that happened, and even then it was replaced only with an incremental upgrade, the GBC, rather than a full-fledged successor, the GBA, which wasn't until 2001... 12 years after the launch of the original GB.

The 360 is 8 years old and still going strong, and it's also home to the two biggest games of the year... GTAV and COD Ghosts, as well as a plethora of other big titles even with the impending launch of its successor just on the horizon. What were the PS1 & 2's libraries like 8 years into their respective life cycles, hmmm? What mega blockbusters did the PS1 have back in 2003, or the PS2 in 2008? How bout the NES? Other than Kirby's Adventure, nothing of note came out for the console in 1993.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

360 has been on the market for eight years and it will still get a new first party game next year with Fable Anniversary Edition that is nine years of support which is far longer then most previous consoles got supported this thread is totally pointless.

J_Allard said:
Lets pretend for a second that your "MS abandoned the 360" theory is true (it isn't, but lets pretend). How is that the reason the PS3 ended up outselling it? Since the very day the PS3 launched it was on pace to outsell the 360.

That said, I don't have an issue with a company pushing games back for a new console. I wish Sony held GT6 off for PS4. And I am glad Ryse was changed.

I guess microsoft and nintendo don't intend to please the rest of their customers who bought the console late then. There is a reason gamers trust sony all around when it comes to supporting their consoles for a long lifespan and that in turn just gives them more reason to stick with sony rather than the rest of the console manufacturers. BTW GT6 for the PS3 was a smarter idea seeing as how the PS4's install base would have being an issue. 

fatslob-:O said:
J_Allard said:

I guess microsoft and nintendo don't intend to please the rest of their customers who bought the console late then. There is a reason gamers trust sony all around when it comes to supporting their consoles for a long lifespan and that in turn just gives them more reason to stick with sony rather than the rest of the console manufacturers. BTW GT6 for the PS3 was a smarter idea seeing as how the PS4's install base would have being an issue. 

The 360 still will get plenty of 3rd party support plus they still getting Fable Aniversary edition early next year not even the all mighty PS2 got eight solid years of support.

Around the Network

After 12 years in the market they have failed to create any kind of gaming culture.

Chris Hu said:
J_Allard said:

The 360 still will get plenty of 3rd party support plus they still getting Fable Aniversary edition early next year not even the all mighty PS2 got eight solid years of support.

Eight solid years ? What have they released this year first party wise that was noteworthy ? BTW fable aniversary is an hd remaster so how hard is it to to port it exactly ? 

J_Allard said:

Something tells me customers support all 3 companies pretty well and almost equally seeing how the ratios split up this gen. And if install base is an issue, why release KZ6 as a launch game? That's a small install base. And I never said Sony made the wrong move putting another GT on PS3. But since it's on PS3 and is just a small upgrade to GT5, I'll never play it. However, GT6 on PS4 in 2014 would almost be Titanfall level system seller to me. Instead we'll probably see the PS4 debut in 2016 with 70% of the cars being PS3 builds.

J_Allard said:
J_Allard said:

Something tells me customers support all 3 companies pretty well and almost equally seeing how the ratios split up this gen. And if install base is an issue, why release KZ6 as a launch game? That's a small install base. And I never said Sony made the wrong move putting another GT on PS3. But since it's on PS3 and is just a small upgrade to GT5, I'll never play it. However, GT6 on PS4 in 2014 would almost be Titanfall level system seller to me. Instead we'll probably see the PS4 debut in 2016 with 70% of the cars being PS3 builds.

Like i said, supporting the systems better at there end of lifes is better than just outright killing it. 

Well its not like Sony hasn't pulled the same stunt but unlike the PS3 HD collection this game is actually a new HD build of the game not a just a visual upgrade like those Sony collections.  Also I guess you where living under a rock earlier this year if you didn't notice that Gears of War Judgement came out.