By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii selling more like a handheld?!

I'm a UK poster :D

Around the Network

What I mean is this, the handhelds often sell way better than consoles. (the exception was the ps2 and psx which beat the gb and gba respectively and pretty good!)

consoles nowadays , like ps3 and 360, may not get to the high levels of sales that the handhelds, gba and ds, usually get. (psp is selling slightly better than the ps3 at this point in their lives.)

But Wii is apparently breaking that barrier!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

yes it is!!
have a problem w. that????
go wii!!

Wii amazes me so!!!!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

True Genius

Wii amazes everyone - even sony and MS executives although they hate to admit it. No one expected that the Wii would be so popular...........

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
^WOW - really?

yes, Ipod took a few years to hit ten million

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Stever89 said:
What really surprises me is that the GBA outsold the DS the first few years.

Before the DS Lite launched that is.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

MINI coopers sell well

I had to wait 2.5 months to get mine in 2004 in the US

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

lol at this thread completely pointless.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Wii numbers this week is scary proof of my theory!!!! (amazing Big N!!!)

True Genius