By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has Xbox One already won the graphics "War"?

I feel like it has. Let me explain, PS4 may end up more powerful, but I just think it's pretty clear the difference will not be that much.

Too most casual users, they wont see any difference. PS4 and X1 will be the "same" power in their eyes.

Can anybody REALLY say there is a big difference between Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Knack, Drive Club, Killzone Shadowfail? Sure some fanboy warriors can claim there is, but I dont think so. They are all "next gen".

And thus Microsoft has "won" the graphics war imo. They did what Nintendo failed with Wii U, make a console that is "good enough" and will get all the ports.

Around the Network

Yes, there is!

Ex Graphics Whore.

I'm so confused!! If there is no difference like you say then how does X1 win exactly?

Oh and why don't we wait till the games are out before creating a thread like this.  

You could easily flip that and say Sony won the graphics War since they are both basically the same, yet PS4 costs 20% less.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Unfortunately even using your logic it did not. 360 did exactly that. It was less powerful, although the average graphics were pretty much the same AND it was cheaper and older so people would expect PS3 to have better graphics, so 360 won. Now it's different. Xbone may even have comparable graphics, but it's more expensive so people would expect better graphics, so it loses this fight, miserably.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

So they won but they didn't really win....

eFKac said:

Unfortunately even using your logic it did not. 360 did exactly that. It was less powerful, although the average graphics were pretty much the same AND it was cheaper and older so people would expect PS3 to have better graphics, so 360 won. Now it's different. Xbone may even have comparable graphics, but it's more expensive so people would expect better graphics, so it loses this fight, miserably.

After all these years, you still belive the 360 is less powerful?

Ex Graphics Whore.

GameCube won.

"Too most casual users, they wont see any difference. PS4 and X1 will be the "same" power in their eyes".

this is exactly the clear advantage ps4 has over xbox one, remember that ps4 is $100 cheaper, the same as ps3/360 but the other way around.

think-man said:
So they won but they didn't really win....

No. He's saying both consoles are equal... with the PS4 being probably stronger... but Xbox One won.

Let's try to make sense of it.