By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma Says Wii U Zelda Won’t Be Traditional

I have a feeling that this will be wind waker like graphics. considering He has stated that he's using some of the same graphical tricks on Zelda Wii U and vica versa :(

oh well, ill probably still enjoy it :p

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I remember hearing the same kind of talk before Skyward Sword and in the end SS was a pretty traditional Zelda game. I really hope he delivers on his promise of uniqueness with this new title.

Aonuma didnt direct SS.

He produced it though. He still had a whole lot to do with it and it's direction, that's like saying sakaguchi had nothing to do with FF6,7,9.

And he's not confirmed to be the director of this game either has he?

We'll see what are those changes and which kind of impact they have on the gameplay.

Changing for the sake of changing isn't the answer for anything. The changes they make must have some impact on the game to improve it, not only to make it different or to avoid repeting things of the past.

At least, Miyamoto is still there, and sure as hell he'll step in if he feels the game, his franchise, is in danger.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Sounds promising. I just want to see some screenshoots and footage early next year. (Hopefully)

I am interested to see what it will become. The only thing I hope they do is focus on more realistic graphics. I think sales have proven that when they go more artistic (which I equally like), then it turns off many potential consumers.

However, I'm good with seeing what other changes they make. Personally a more open world/path type of system is an intriguing idea.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I remember hearing the same kind of talk before Skyward Sword and in the end SS was a pretty traditional Zelda game. I really hope he delivers on his promise of uniqueness with this new title.

Aonuma didnt direct SS.

He produced it though. He still had a whole lot to do with it and it's direction, that's like saying sakaguchi had nothing to do with FF6,7,9.

And he's not confirmed to be the director of this game either has he?

Are you sure about that? Directors have most creative control in these cases. Aonuma's produced a lot of Zelda's

I personally see the next Zelda being one with a lot more weapons for combat. Based in Feudal times. and its mainly about travel/exploration. You travel by riding on Sea Dragons. 

Very interesting, especially the final paragraph. This could be the beginning of a brave new world for The Legend of Zelda. I'm all for it.

All I ask is that the fundamental mechanics of the game remain the same; that it stays an action-adventure game, and that it continues to feature a healthy mix of combat, exploration, and problem-solving.

Bristow9091 said:
An Elder Scrolls style game set in Hyrule!

Whoa... set those expectations back.

Zelda is a more contained experience. Might have a live world to roam but it wont be as populated or interactive as an Elder scrolls game. On the bright side, it wont be as buggy either.

DONT USE BLOOM thank you.

I would like to play a Zelda game like the first one. You explore a world to build-up your character and gain items; pratically, go anywhere you want. The difference here would be that in certain cases, although you could enter all dungeons you couldn`t go far without certain items.

That, to me, is Zelda.