By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft confirms Wii U is a next-gen console.

what will the diffrence be with Wii U vs "true" next-gen systems like X1 and PS4

Transitional like Dreamcast vs PS2 71 34.63%

The same capablities I be... 8 3.90%

Almost the same as next g... 32 15.61%

a little less than transi... 18 8.78%

PS2 vs original XBox system 42 20.49%

PS2 vs GCN 21 10.24%

No wayyyy RDR will always... 13 6.34%

Total:205
NYANKS said:
Ubisoft is saying that the Wii U will look worse than the other two, not better lol.

that's fine...but they also said the Wii U will look better than the PS360 along with gamepad implementation that PS360 could only dream of doing.

Around the Network
eFKac said:

Ok point taken, you're right. 

Although from the same article "But there are gripes to consider before jumping in bed with the Wii U version. Most significant is the degradation in texture quality, the muddiness of which matches the 360 release without its HD texture pack install. Surfaces can look flat compared to the game running on PS3 and 360 with full installs, and the lack of any similar optional install on Nintendo's platform means pop-in flares up while in wide outdoors areas. Curiously, in terms of sheer playability, Sony's hardware achieves the most consistent frame-rates during combat, with 360 taking middle ground here, and the Wii U suffering from more regular dips to the low 20s, perhaps explaining the omission of split-screen gameplay." 

So it's not all that rosy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to argue that Wii U is inferior to PS360 cause it is not the case, but especially since it also outputs to the gamepad, I think that the difference in visual quality will be marginal, especially with straight ports, not highly optimised for Wii U which I still belive wouldn't make that big of a difference.

actually it will . Just look at Need For Speed: Most Wanted. But I understood what you said.

Click HERE and be happy 

NYANKS said:
Ubisoft is saying that the Wii U will look worse than the other two, not better lol.

worse than PS4/X1 but better than PS360

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
NYANKS said:

Right, I'm just saying the title was misleading for the thread.  I kind of expect a next gen console would look better than last gen.

if wii is 7th, even it cant do what ps360 can, wii is a 8 gen.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
EricFabian said:
NYANKS said:

Right, I'm just saying the title was misleading for the thread.  I kind of expect a next gen console would look better than last gen.

...and that's what Ubisoft said numerous times already.  The visuals of AC and Watchdogs will exceed the visuals found on current-gen systems.  I don't know why you are so upset about this?  What is it you wanted them to say...that the Wii U is visually impaired compared to the PS360?  Will that make you happy?

Thank you for confirming this.

Don't be silly. We're in gen X&Y. Everybody knows that. Pokemon X & Y.

The Wii U being in between current and next gen consoles doesn't mean anything.

If I said I had between $1 and $100,000,000, that's not saying that I have $50,000,000. That's just saying that I have some amount in between those two figures, and that's what was quoted.

We already know the Wii U was more powerful than the PS360.  We also don't care.

Galaki said:
Don't be silly. We're in gen X&Y. Everybody knows that. Pokemon X & Y.

Pokemon generations are the only ones that count.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero