By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone dev Guerrilla confirms work on new IP has begun

pezus said:
landguy1 said:
It will probably be something that can be easily ported to PC or tablets. Won't take 2 1/2 years.

Guerilla to make a PC/tablet game? Wat

I said PORTED.  Even studios owned by sony will have to look at where things are headed and make the games for the bigger market for the $$$.  It will probably be exclusive to Sony systems at first either way.  And be easily ported later.  That's the biggest benefit for Sony 1st party games for the PS4, easier to port out at a later date.

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
pezus said:
landguy1 said:
It will probably be something that can be easily ported to PC or tablets. Won't take 2 1/2 years.

I said PORTED.  Even studios owned by sony will have to look at where things are headed and make the games for the bigger market for the $$$.  It will probably be exclusive to Sony systems at first either way.  And be easily ported later.  That's the biggest benefit for Sony 1st party games for the PS4, easier to port out at a later date.

show me a first party game that has been later ported to tablets. If you mean cloud streaming, thats another thing, but ported first party games? you dont see halo 3, reach or 4 on pc. why would SCE allow their games on a platformed that they don't controll? 

landguy1 said:
pezus said:
landguy1 said:

That game will never leave Playstation ecosystem, just like any other Sony 1st party game, until at least SCE goes 3rd party. Maybe through Gaikai as Sony mentioned it may go outside of Playstation or even Sony products although one could argue, that it is still Playstation ecosystem.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

El_Machete said:
landguy1 said:
pezus said:
landguy1 said:

show me a first party game that has been later ported to tablets. If you mean cloud streaming, thats another thing, but ported first party games? you dont see halo 3, reach or 4 on pc. why would SCE allow their games on a platformed that they don't controll? 

I don't think it will go to the XB1 or WiiU.  I was thinking more in line with being available for PC as a title 6 - 12 months later.  This concept is going to be much more appealing with games designed on the X86 sysytems.  ths cost to port will be minimal and the benefits could be huge.  Especially if the do it in a fashion like steam/origin - they can control the IP still and DLC/micro transactions.  I didn't say that they o this now.  I am only thinking that these options are going to be more accessable to them in the future.  Depending on how this next generation of consoles sell, they might be moe interested in doing so.

Killzone is pretty good but I've never been a huge fan. I've really wanted to love and support the franchise but... ehh. Shadow Fall however, looks superb!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
El_Machete said:

I don't think it will go to the XB1 or WiiU.  I was thinking more in line with being available for PC as a title 6 - 12 months later.  This concept is going to be much more appealing with games designed on the X86 sysytems.  ths cost to port will be minimal and the benefits could be huge.  Especially if the do it in a fashion like steam/origin - they can control the IP still and DLC/micro transactions.  I didn't say that they o this now.  I am only thinking that these options are going to be more accessable to them in the future.  Depending on how this next generation of consoles sell, they might be moe interested in doing so.

It's a possibilty, but in my opinion will only happen if Sony had to go strictly third party. Which I don't see happening anytime soon.  Would be stupid honestly to port their exclusives to PC when that would eliminate the need for people to even buy their console.  I also don't see it happening with gaikai either.  They said they want to stream to PC's at some point, but I don't think they will let first party games be streamed to anything other than their consoles. Could happen, I just don't think it will happen at all(or anytime till after this new gen, maybe).

This post is full of delusional people!

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

nnodley said:
landguy1 said:
El_Machete said:

It's a possibilty, but in my opinion will only happen if Sony had to go strictly third party. Which I don't see happening anytime soon.  Would be stupid honestly to port their exclusives to PC when that would eliminate the need for people to even buy their console.  I also don't see it happening with gaikai either.  They said they want to stream to PC's at some point, but I don't think they will let first party games be streamed to anything other than their consoles. Could happen, I just don't think it will happen at all(or anytime till after this new gen, maybe).

I think the demo of Halo 4 streaming to a tablet is the writing on the wall.  This will probably be the last actual console generation.  Sony is trying to get into their own paywall system.  To do that, they can't be limited to 50-100 million consoles.  They need the 1 billion devices (# of smartphones/tablets being sold this year alone) that are out there.  Those devices are multiplying every year and so are their capabilities.  I agree that they would like to keep it proprietary, but they are also looking at the long term too.

landguy1 said:
nnodley said:

I think the demo of Halo 4 streaming to a tablet is the writing on the wall.  This will probably be the last actual console generation.  Sony is trying to get into their own paywall system.  To do that, they can't be limited to 50-100 million consoles.  They need the 1 billion devices (# of smartphones/tablets being sold this year alone) that are out there.  Those devices are multiplying every year and so are their capabilities.  I agree that they would like to keep it proprietary, but they are also looking at the long term too.

Wasn't that streaming locally? When I tried OnLive, I was never really impressed, but let's see what Sony can manage with Gaikai in the short term. Obviously, the Wii U has shown that local streaming can be achieved effectively