By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the Vita TV can save the PS Vita?

curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
No, because Vita TV isn't the Vita. It's not a handheld and should not count as Vita sales.

It IS a PS Vita! Without the screen and the controller buttons. It's a portable console you can take in the palm of your hands to play in a TV anywhere... Great to take with you when going to a hotel, beach, friend's home, grandparent's house, crack house, ...

So it's a Vita, just without two of the most important components of one?

Well the most important component for me is the hardware itself... The screen can be replaced as well as the controllers... The only real miss are the touch controlers...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network

I dont care really. Seems like the Vita is shapin up to be a sucess in Japan, so i will be happy aslong as they bring over those Japanese games. I didnt buy portables for western games so i couldnt care less what they are doing.

There are plenty of really interesting indie games coming up next year aswell. And by that i dont mean just the silly 2D platformer or shooter, i mean proper action and RPG games.

PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
No, because Vita TV isn't the Vita. It's not a handheld and should not count as Vita sales.

It IS a PS Vita! Without the screen and the controller buttons. It's a portable console you can take in the palm of your hands to play in a TV anywhere... Great to take with you when going to a hotel, beach, friend's home, grandparent's house, crack house, ...

Well the most important component for me is the hardware itself... The screen can be replaced as well as the controllers... The only real miss are the touch controlers...

But the Vita is a handheld. Turning it into a microconsole changes the very concept of what it is, hence it's no longer the same device.

curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

But the Vita is a handheld. Turning it into a microconsole changes the very concept of what it is, hence it's no longer the same device.

So if I only use Off-TV Play on my Wii U, it is no longer a Wii U?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

Yes, it's still a Wii U, because the hardware has not been altered to no longer be a console.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Osc89 said:
curl-6 said:

Yes, it's still a Wii U, because the hardware has not been altered to no longer be a console.

Someone who only uses the Wii U with Off-TV Play and someone who only uses a Wii U with a TV are both using a device that is a Wii U? Despite one using it as a handheld and one as a home console? Interesting.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

It's still a Video-Game, it doesn't matter if you can play it at your home, hotel or bus.

Using YOUR own words:

Yes, it's still a PS VITA, because the hardware has not been altered.

curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:
PlayMatt said:
curl-6 said:

And if we follow this "INITIAL CONCEPT" rule of the consoles you've invented...

Xbox 360 was made with the concept of playing games in the classical way with your controller... So Kinect games shouldn't be counted as Xbox 360 games as they have totally changed the concept as in most of the games you can't even use the controller (WHICH IS THE CONCEPT OF XBOX 360 SINCE IT RELEASED)! I agree with you! Let's split Xbox 360 and Kinect software sales too...

happydolphin said:
1) Define save. That would help discussion.
2) It's Japan-only. Consoles and by extension microconsoles are secondary device there, after handhelds.
3) Much digital content for the Vita is available on the PS3.

Having said that, I think it can enjoy sales due to
A) its low price
B) its large digital library (PSN store console + portable SW and Gaikai).

I don't think this will make much of a difference in Japan:
C) Its ability to act as a PS4 proxy. (though this doesn't mean 2 PS4s, just that the Vita avoids having to replug)

I will predict 8m in sales lifetime in Japan. If it comes out in the west, 30m lifetime sales worldwide due to lack of high-selling Vita games.

1) By save I mean to get it out of it's current status. It's not selling well and is under 10million and eeds more developer support. 
2) It's no doubt going to release in the West
3) Vita still has exclusive games and diverse library and also people might get it for it's convenience and low price.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Initial preorders are sold out in Japan. I'd imagine it will do similar in the west so launch should be decent. As far as legs go..I wouldn't say anything drastic.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)