By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony let MS adopt blu ray???

If HD-DVD loses....will Sony ever let MS adopt blu-ray on their 360...or future consoles? Since the 360 cant really make an RPG game ,without it have to be at least 2 discs long. And that blu ray has a clear advantage in making games. So what will Sony do??? Since MS is willing to adopt it. Do you think Sony will let MS "their main competition" use their technology?

Around the Network

Couldn't MS just buy the components from another hardware supplier in the blu-ray association?

Sony (with the Blu-Ray association) would want the money if Microsoft started using Blu-Ray wouldn't they? I think the real question would be would Microsoft want to come out with a Blu-Ray disk add-on to the 360 for movie viewing or (depending on what's going to happen in the future) for the next Xbox.

yes

Brawl Friend Code:

0430-8083-5276

Cmon Add me!!

Pm your friend code if you add me please

maybe microsoft would get it from another company and not sony

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

they mkght if Toshiba decided to kill off HD-DVD production.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sony and other company probably hold the patent on it, so if Microsoft decides to adapt, all will benefits from the leasing right of the patent.

>they mkght if Toshiba decided to kill off HD-DVD production.

it doesn't matter what Toshiba decides, HD-DVD is dead, they can ship 100 million units, they will just sit in the shelf.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

There was an article on IGN a few months ago about Microsoft willing to adopt Blu-Ray. Many people were voting for it on a poll Microsoft made (I don't know which site; www.xbox.com or www.microsoft.com ).

Sony doesn't own Blu-ray, it's a consortium of companies. Anyone should be able to license the technology as long as they pay the fees and follow the terms of licensing.

Sony wants Blu-Ray to be the HD movie standard. They would be more than happy to take Microsoft's money.