By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Fitness Price Comparison

Happy to break the cycle that was going on :)

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:

P90X and Insanity won't get a single lazy bum up and moving, cause they aren't for lazy bums. Agree?

There is no single way for you to begin to prove that. Agree? 

There is no single way you can begin to prove that a fitness app on a console will get lazy bums off the couch. Agree?

I plan on using it. Reach one teach one. Agree? 

Are you a lazy bum? If so I agree.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Th3PANO said:
JayWood2010 said:

So gamers cant workout?  It cant just so happen that a gamer likes working out as well?

I apologize dearly, I will never workout again.......

No, omg. But you can't deny that services like this are primarly there for making non gamers buy a system.

Perhaps it appeals to gamers, casuals, and non-gamers.

I probably just blew your mind.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

binary solo said:
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:

P90X and Insanity won't get a single lazy bum up and moving, cause they aren't for lazy bums. Agree?

There is no single way you can begin to prove that a fitness app on a console will get lazy bums off the couch. Agree?

Sadly yes but I've just got back in the gym. Fast Food is a motherfucker. Glad you finally agreed with me also lol. 

I believe the focus of these apps is not just targeted at non gamers, its tageted at a late 20s on up who have a wife and family.  All of these apps seem to be a concerted way for MS to make purchasing a 500 device an easier sell for the game playing Dad.  When you have a family you start to look for value, especially when you are trying to sell something like this to the wife.  Do not be surprise if MS comes out with a E-learning app for the kids and probably some type of language app because it just makes sense to use Kinect in those ways.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:

Sadly yes but I've just got back in the gym. Fast Food is a motherfucker. Glad you finally agreed with me also lol. 

So you're not a lazy bum, at least not any more, and hence you can't claim the fitness app has caused you to overcome the lazyness of your bum (or is it lazy bumness) as you are dealing with it already. I think you need to go back to your unhealthy ways for a few more months to give your Kinect Fitness evangelism more credibility.

Edit:

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TheSting said:
Scisca said:
TheSting said:
binary solo said:
TheSting said:
Scisca said:
Adinnieken said:
RandomNoob said:

Fitness subscription realy?

And just exactly what is a gym membership? 

In a gym membership you pay for the constant usage of the gym's assets. You keep using the water, electricity, air conditioning, the machines, etc. so one payment just wouldn't make sense. On the other hand you're not using their assets with this program. I see this more of a way to just drain $5-10 from people who think "oh, it's so cheap - I'm gonna try it out!" and possibly get much more from people who keep using it and don't know they can just buy the programs/actually are willing to keep paying for the little additional things that Kinect gives them. I know I'm alergic to this business model.

If it gets lazy bums up and moving iit's a good thing regardless. Agree? 

It won't get lazy bums up and moving. Agree?

You have no idea. Agree? 

You started this BS by writing a post that had nothing to do with mine. Agree?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Adinnieken said:
binary solo said:
Adinnieken said:

And just exactly what is a gym membership? 

Access to facilities and equipment you don't own or have room for in your house. Not really the same thing as paying subs to fitness software using equipment you've already bought and have in your house.

It's more like having to pay Jane Fonda a monthly fee for using her workout videos, or Mel B if you don't know who Jane Fonda is.

I know who both are.  The fact remains both are fees for services.  There is a service included with Xbox Fitness, that is feedback and a personalized workout routine.  You don't get that with VHS tapes or DVDs.  You get a scripted workout with no feedback.

In what way is this workour routine personalised? With all due respect to the awesome products that these routines are, nothing here is personalised and since these are just gonna be the same movies you get on a DVD played with just a couple of nice gimmicks for motivation I see no justification for calling it a "personalised workout routine". The only thing could be watching your personal progress, but that doesn't turn this app into a personalised workout routine, neither does this require a monthly fee. Plus I already do that with a piece of paper :P

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Kinect and Fitness is a natural fit. I've always said that Fitness and Dancing are the two things that Kinect is great for, because that's where Kinect is obviously superior to any other available input device.

But I don't quite understand what's special about this Xbox fitness app that would justify spending a periodical subscription fee? I mean, what does this app offer that the other Kinect fitness software (like "Your Shape", my personal favourite) just can't?

Now don't get me wrong, I actually see great potential for an online Kinect Fitness program. I've even thought about it myself a long time and thought it was a great idea. Because an online-supported fitness program could really offer significant motivational benefits over passive/dumb solutions like "workout DVDs" (which I consider to be much less unlikely to actually have positive effects than say, going to a gym).

It's definitely possible to make a great online-supported Kinect fitness app that would be so motivational that it would easily justify a certain periodic subscription fee. But I've seen nothing really interesting in the Kinect Fitness announcements so far.

binary solo said:

Why exactly is it necessary for a computer programme to use a fee for service mechanism to provide feedback and a personalised workout programme when is can simply run sophisticated algorithms to provide a workout, and all the necessary data and software is available to provide constant feedback? I don't see a service there that justifies an ongoing fee.

What is the difference between me not being able to do an exercise because of a physical limitation or just not successfully doing it properly?

I'm not implying that a sophisticated algorithm can't be employed to help determine this or determine other exercises that may be possible instead, but more often than not people in an exercise routine do better with human to human feedback.  They stick to it longer and try harder.  Insulating someone entirely from the human interaction won't have the same effect.