By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week. [PART 2]

Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week.

Yes 32 40.00%

No 25 31.25%

See Results 20 25.00%

Total:77

That would basically mean that everyone that ever owns a 3ds needs to get Pokemon X and Y in less than a week... yea no...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

18 million sales first week is all they need

*Sales not sells...who taught you English?

On topic: I highly doubt it.

Well its coming world wide, there are 30m+

I guess 18mil first week is doable.

They're releasing 2DS in the West, MH and pokemon in Japan getting SKU's out the wazoo.

Ill admit there's quite a bit of hype for the Pokemon X and Y games and i'm sure they'll have long legs indeed and reach 15 million+ but thats across a few months of sales. Their task is alot bigger though doing it on a smaller install base 35 million vs the 157 million for both the 360 and PS3 and on a single console none the less plus being a 3DS game with less resources towards advertising and development being used ill bet the money X/Y make will be up there with GTAV.

Around the Network
DucksUnlimited said:
That's just silly. Lifetime is a possibility but still pretty unlikely IMO.

This.

It'll still put up huge numbers, though.

Love that box art :D

Lol no! That's an over 50% attachment rate. In one week on one console with much less of an install base than Ps360? 0.011% chance of happening.

pezus said:
Busted said:

I don't think so, Thou based on it's first week sales (pokemon's) well see... if they are good i have no doubt it will destroy GTA V (well almost every game) in LT sales, but it will all depend on the first week, i say 5m = Bad - 7/8 = ok/expected, 10/11m = AmazingFW, 15+m = bow before the videogames god because there's nothing left to do -- but over 11m is highly unlikely, hell over 8 million would be too good for pokemon, that's what i'm betting for (8m) giving more value to what i just typed - God of Videogames if that (over 10+++ million) happens.

Destroy GTAV? The highest selling Pokemon sold 31m, a number which this Pokemon really doesn't stand a chance of reaching, and GTA will undoubtably sell more than that.

You think X/Y doesn't stand chance against R/B but i think it does, as simple as that. I can see this game selling more than the original pokemon but that's an ''If'' - if hype for it is a big as i think it is, as i see it is, we'll see that in the first week sales, it wont prove if i'm right or wrong it will just tell me what i need to know, after fw i'll tell you if it can or if it can't sell more than 31 million LT

pezus said:
morenoingrato said:
Maybe for PS3 only and that is highly unlikely.

It would also be highly unlikely that it managed to sell more than 8.6m and less than 8.8m

Oops. I was basing that on the initial estimates.

With PS3 being 8.6M, I say definitely no.

Busted said:
pezus said:
Busted said:

I don't think so, Thou based on it's first week sales (pokemon's) well see... if they are good i have no doubt it will destroy GTA V (well almost every game) in LT sales, but it will all depend on the first week, i say 5m = Bad - 7/8 = ok/expected, 10/11m = AmazingFW, 15+m = bow before the videogames god because there's nothing left to do -- but over 11m is highly unlikely, hell over 8 million would be too good for pokemon, that's what i'm betting for (8m) giving more value to what i just typed - God of Videogames if that (over 10+++ million) happens.

Destroy GTAV? The highest selling Pokemon sold 31m, a number which this Pokemon really doesn't stand a chance of reaching, and GTA will undoubtably sell more than that.

You think X/Y doesn't stand chance against R/B but i think it does, as simple as that. I can see this game selling more than the original pokemon but that's an ''If'' - if hype for it is a big as i think it is, as i see it is, we'll see that in the first week sales, it wont prove if i'm right or wrong it will just tell me what i need to know, after fw i'll tell you if it can or if it can't sell more than 31 million LT

GTA V will top out at 30m. Fantastic numbers no doubt. PXY has no chance in the first year obviously but I agree it will beat the

Gen 1 sales, meaning it'll eventually outsell GTAV in its LT.