By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eurogamer Expo - Battlefield 4 on Xbox One impressions

Tagged games:

Vasto said:
Xbox One version looks way better then PS4 does. PC will have the best version but that to be expected.

What? Less details, possible lower resolution and no shadows... how can the Xbone version look better? Sometime I fail the see these things... in defense of the Xbone version it is running more smooth.

PC is the best version of course.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

pr3st00 said:

Do you know if we will be able to try BF4 in the Brazil game show next month? I'm attending at Oct 29th.

I think at least the PC version will be available to play... you got a better day with less people... mine is 27th (Sunday) because my boss didn't allowed me to take the day off for a Game event lol

I'm not fan of Battlefield... so I will try to play others games before try it.

Is that why you asked for the day off E? 

TheSting said:

Most time he allow... it is not anything big... it is a day off and I cover the hours lost in the future.

I didn't insist too.

Hopefully it's better than the E3 build running on dev PC at PAX Prime, cause the game looked like shit, my brother and I were literally going

ethomaz said:

TheSting said:

Most time he allow... it is not anything big... it is a day off and I cover the hours lost in the future.

I didn't insist too.

Oh I was gonna say you definitely could've come up with something better. Would've been funny had that worked and he's there also and you're avoiding each other while trying to play games lol. 

Around the Network

TheSting said:

Oh I was gonna say you definitely could've come up with something better. Would've been funny had that worked and he's there also and you're avoiding each other while trying to play games lol.

I think that won't happen unless I call it to go too... my boss didn't like games at all... my coworkers liked the ideia but they are slow and missed the time to buy the tickets even I warn one day before it sold out.

It is cool to go on the weekend too... the issue is there are a lot more people and the lines are biggers to play some games... so a Monday or Tuesday are better days for those that take the day off the work.

I will try to make pictures and elect GT6 "The Game Of The Show" ops... I need to see the games first

I was there today :)

From a distance the game looked alright, was surprised it was playing on Xbox considering people had been complaining it hadn't been seen.

Note I did not play, but stood pretty close. There some some pop-in - strangely enough from close objects (mainly bushes) and some of the explosion particles looked a little low res.

Performance wise it looked ok except (and I cannot confirm it was this because I wasn't playing) when moving quickly to the left or right, it kind of clunked for a split second.

Unfortunately this was one of the stands where photography or filming was not allowed. But my impression was that it looked ok.

It did look better on XboxOne than the TGS video showing the PS4 version. It looked sharper/clearer.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Not surprised, these consoles are so freaking weak right out of the gate, it's just ridiculous.

Madword said:

It did look better on XboxOne than the TGS video showing the PS4 version. It looked sharper/clearer.

Considering it runs at 720p on the XBox One, it would have been foolish to demo it on anything else but a 720p monitor...

drkohler said:
Madword said:

Considering it runs at 720p on the XBox One, it would have been foolish to demo it on anything else but a 720p monitor...

It's all really difficult to judge. It's easier to see with the eyes etc because online videos might have been off camera etc, but there are still inconsistancies with all of the games i saw today. In fact one of the Battlefield consoles did crash right in front of me so i should have taken more care to note the HDMI stuff that appeared.. I was too tired.

For example:

Watching DriveClub not too far away from the screen, it looked pretty good but was stuttering a little on and off while the guy was playing it. They had a competition where someone played it (further distance screen looked nice), but pushed that onto a bigger screen and looked awful.

Forza, looked great from a short distance away,  when i got to play it, looked nice and clean but lots of low res floor textures and issues.. issues with seams on the car screens.

But many of these demo's are demos that they ran previously from what I can tell, so they are maybe 3/4 months old and companies are pushed hard to get demos out while they are trying to finish the game, it's really quite hard on them, so it's not fair really to judge games on that alone.

I was actually more impressed by a few PS3 games like Beyond and GT6... looked great (GT6 looked comparable to both DriveClub and Forza except for AA - which was noticable in the distance of the environment).

I've not seen any PS4 live stuff in person of Battlefield but the TGS video does not look great at all. Way too muddy for my liking.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!